Respected Contributor

Re: Are you interested or care about the Royals and the wedding etc....

@software wrote:

If you are taking a poll, no I don't really care.

I don't dislike them but there's a reason I"m here and they are there.

I have my ancestors to thank for that.

@software  Well said, my ancestors did the same, leaving England and Scotland for the New World in the early/mid 1600's; the Irish came on a famine ship in 1848 and the Huguenots left France in late 1600's. 

I am all American, the Royals have a very interesting history and that is only where my interest lies....  

Honored Contributor

Am I interested in the royals?

No, not really.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, I admire how, no matter what is happening in their personal lives, they present themselves well dressed and their manners are are perfection. Princess Diana was the exception, her behavior was disgraceful. It seems Meghan is on the same road and I'm hoping she fades into obscurity after the wedding but if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

Respected Contributor

I like to watch and follow the stories  and news about the Royals. They are part of our civilization after all. I have my personal opinion about  British history and its influence on the worldsevents.

But they are fun to watch.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'll only watch what's unavoidable on the news.  Won't watch it live.

Doesn't that count as watching? 

No. It's unavoidable. You turn on the evening news, and there's a story about it, mixed in with the rest of the line-up. It'll be over in a minute or so and can be somewhat tuned out while it's on. That's completely different than deliberately tuning in to coverage of the event.  

@FrostyBabe1 

Do see your point. Speaking from my experience. Stopped watching the news. Don't have to watch. This is true with everything.

Honored Contributor

I guess I must have a high interest in the Royals.  Through Amazon, I bought a tea towel emblazoned with a photo of Meghan and Harry, along with their wedding date and locale.  

The towel was shipped from England, and I appreciated very much that it arrived packed within a plastic bag that was a copy of the Union Jack.

Come the much anticipated wedding day, I guess the tea towel will be hung in my kitchen, much as I hang other towels celebrating big holidays.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@software wrote:

@software  Well said, my ancestors did the same, leaving England and Scotland for the New World in the early/mid 1600's; the Irish came on a famine ship in 1848 and the Huguenots left France in late 1600's. 

I am all American, the Royals have a very interesting history and that is only where my interest lies....  

I'm willing to bet that most citizens of England know little of the Royals in their day-to-day life as well.

Trusted Contributor

No, I never pay much attention to them in the news!

Just a quick glance at a photo and thats all!

Trusted Contributor

I could not possibly care less about any of it.

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

@software wrote:

I'm willing to bet that most citizens of England know little of the Royals in their day-to-day life as well.

Don't bet on it. You would most definitely lose.