Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Are you interested or care about the Royals and the wedding etc....

I asked my husband to make some blueberry scones & get some Earl Grey tea bags for the festive occasion.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I didn't even know Kate was having a baby, so I guess my answer is no.

I don't dislike them, I don't go out of my way to look them up either.

Respected Contributor

I'd much rather hear about happy events like the birth of a new prince ore a royal wedding than about a plebian golf game.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@sol_luna wrote:

MAJOR yawn.

And since we are laying all out there, I wasn't terribly impressed with troubled Diana either.

Nor was I. I will give her this much though...she was very shrewd and learned to manipulate the press to get exactly what she wanted from them. Everything she did was very carefully calculated to present her in the "perfect angel" light. And people fell for it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'll only watch what's unavoidable on the news.  Won't watch it live.

Doesn't that count as watching? 

Honored Contributor

No.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'll only watch what's unavoidable on the news.  Won't watch it live.

Doesn't that count as watching? 

No. It's unavoidable. You turn on the evening news, and there's a story about it, mixed in with the rest of the line-up. It'll be over in a minute or so and can be somewhat tuned out while it's on. That's completely different than deliberately tuning in to coverage of the event. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I am interested! I have been interested for a while, not obsessed , but just interested. I watched Diana's wedding, and William and Kate's, and I will watch Harry and Meghan's as well.....

I am intrigued by the Royal Family, but not obsessed.....I won't get up in the middle of the night to watch it live, but I will watch it when they show the highlights later.......I also watched Diana's funeral.......

I think Wm. and Harry have grown up to be very nice, respectful, smart, sensitive young men..   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet

I would rather watch the scripted K train wreck. It's entertainment. The r0yals are boring.

Why are these people so special and privileged, anyways?

Honored Contributor

I like it to the extent that it's different from my life.  Just like our first families are.  It's just something different.

I liked Downton Abbey, I like the  British shows on t.v., there's things I'll never be a part of.  Island living for example, I like to see that too.  It's just something out of my ordinary life.