Honored Contributor

Re: Are you interested or care about the Royals and the wedding etc....

@Big Joanie wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

For me these people are rich, priveleged, famous and have done nothing to earn it except be born to the right people.  The money spent on the wedding could probably end hunger in some country.  Making all those appearances decked out in thousands of dollars of clothing to smile and shakes hands at a hospital is laughable.  I keep thinking I am looking at it all wrong and there is more to it than a country supporting castles and rich people to live literally like kings and queens.  I just don't get it....

I do agree with you ... but we could make that statement about a lot of things ..

what does the Super Bowl cost ... The Miss Universe Pagent ...The Olympics

etc. ...they cost millions too ....or how about a ladies closet filled with Burkin

Bags ?

@Big Joanie wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

For me these people are rich, priveleged, famous and have done nothing to earn it except be born to the right people.  The money spent on the wedding could probably end hunger in some country.  Making all those appearances decked out in thousands of dollars of clothing to smile and shakes hands at a hospital is laughable.  I keep thinking I am looking at it all wrong and there is more to it than a country supporting castles and rich people to live literally like kings and queens.  I just don't get it....

I do agree with you ... but we could make that statement about a lot of things ..

what does the Super Bowl cost ... The Miss Universe Pagent ...The Olympics

etc. ...they cost millions too ....or how about a ladies closet filled with Burkin

Bags ?

How many could any of us who shop feed?  It is all a sliding scale.  Anyone who has access to clean water is shamefully priviledged.

On the original topic, I will watch, I love seeing it all from the horses to the waves, the guests, etc.  and I'm just happy it is a respite from the Kardashians! 

Esteemed Contributor

I did watch Diana's wedding and I had some interest in Kate's wedding, her dress and bridesmaids....no interest at all in upcoming nuptials 

Honored Contributor

I can't think of anything that interests me less than this family, their babies, weddings or wardrobe choices.  I wish the media would move on from this silliness.

Super Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

I can't think of anything that interests me less than this family, their babies, weddings or wardrobe choices.  I wish the media would move on from this silliness.

MAJOR yawn.

Esteemed Contributor

Come on now - the OP here simply doesn't like the royalty in England and their traditions, including the money that is spent on their weddings, etc. Unless you live in Great Britain why would anyone care what their hundreds of years of protocals calls for? If you don't like it, then don't read the news about them. Some of us are interested in the children of Diana because she was an amazing woman. I don't follow everything they do, but I wish them happiness. If the people in GB add to the royal coffers, that's their tradition - not ours. If you look a little further, OP, you'll see that there is quite a bit of chairty already given to many countries who are improvered.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sol_luna wrote:

MAJOR yawn.

And since we are laying all out there, I wasn't terribly impressed with troubled Diana either.

Honored Contributor

I'm marginally interested in some aspects of the royal family, but not in this wedding, and certainly not to the level of obesesion that some posters seem to experience regarding every aspect of everything about them...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Don’t care.

Honored Contributor

not really a "royal watcher" and wont be watching the wedding. did not watch williams wedding, did not watch dianas wedding.

i see more information here regarding the royal brits and all the things going on than i see in my every day newspaper, online sites, and other news outlets.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@chiclet

Yes, interesting.  And relevant.  This family's history dates back to the end of the dark ages and beginning of the middle ages.

And, it sure beats the Kardashians..............