Respected Contributor

Re: Are you interested or care about the Royals and the wedding etc....

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

So to the point..if not interested in the Royals? Do you plan watching or reading about the up coming Royal wedding on May 19th?  Be honest. Woman Wink

To the extent to which I can avoid the coverage, I will. I won't turn on the TV to watch it, but I'm sure there will be coverage of it on the evening news. I pass by articles about them. What you see is what they and their PR machine want you to see and is all very, very carefully crafted. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

I really don't hear too much about the Royals on TV. Maybe I am watching the wrong channel. I like hearing tidbits though, like Kate had a baby boy. Sure I was curious about his name and heard a few days later. As for the upcoming wedding, I haven't seen or heard much. They both seem very down to earth from what I have seen and that appeals to me. I think both Kate and William and Harry and Megan are going to bring a new type of generation to the Royal family. They do have protocal to follow but they are ready and willing to step out of the box a little. I like that. 

Esteemed Contributor

Like it or not, many countries have "royal" families.  Most do a lot of charity work.

As for pageantry, I think England does it very well!!!!  Yes, I will be watching the wedding!!!!

Honored Contributor

No, I really pay verry little attention.  I will look at the photos to see what Kate and Meghan are wearing, but only because I like fashion and I'll look at fashion shots regardless of who's wearing the clothes if they are put in front of me.  I don't seek out pics of the Royals.

The most I read about them is the little I read about them here, on this board.

Otherwise, the only thing in recent ,memory about them outside of the boards that I've been exposed to was the big hoopla over William and Kate's newest baby.

I do think that the newer crew seem to be more interested in supporting good causes and I like that about them.  Or maybe I'm totally wrong and they've all been interested in supporting good causes for decades.

They are just generally not on my radar.

Honored Contributor

Watching Elton John (Candle in the Wind- Goodbye England's Rose) 

Interested seeing Prince Harry including Diana...what will it be? Song? 

Respected Contributor

The wedding is current news and a nice distraction from the daily stuff that dominates our news.  I watched Diana and Charles wedding, did not watch William and Kate, not sure what my plans will be for this one.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have as much interest in them as I have for celebrities. It's not that I begrudge them in any way; I simply care no more about them than I do complete strangers. They don't fascinate me in any way. I even have a hard time understanding the reason so many people put such thought and energy into thinking about their every move.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I'm only interested in Kate and William's three children. The rest I can do without.

Esteemed Contributor

To answer your question:

I don't follow who's marrying, (or is it has married?) who. 

To address your adjenda:

You say you don't care about the royals, you want to redistribute their wealth it in a way that meets your approval, satisfies your POV?

No. Not everyone feels the same as you do.

Respected Contributor

I have to say I am interested because I like to see the fashions of Kate, and her kids are adorable.  George is my favorite, looks just like his dad.  I will watch the wedding that’s coming up.  Yes, they’re in the news just about every day, but I can choose to read it or not read it, but if I choose not, I’ll miss what Kate is wearing that day. Lol