Trusted Contributor

Re: Are you interested or care about the Royals and the wedding etc....

Yes, I find the British royal family interesting, but that doesn't mean that I wish we had a monarchy in America.  I find myself not particularly interested in this upcoming wedding.  I just have a gut feeling that there are too many differences between Harry and Meghan to make the relationship work long-term.  I wish them the best, but I'm not holding my breath.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet wrote:

For me these people are rich, priveleged, famous and have done nothing to earn it except be born to the right people.  The money spent on the wedding could probably end hunger in some country.  Making all those appearances decked out in thousands of dollars of clothing to smile and shakes hands at a hospital is laughable.  I keep thinking I am looking at it all wrong and there is more to it than a country supporting castles and rich people to live literally like kings and queens.  I just don't get it....

@chiclet, you make some good points but the Brits love their royalty. They do some good things...only the Brits can decide what they support. I guess we could look at it as they just have more 0's behind their dollar signs and have the right to spend it. I did hear Kate spent 500,000 on her wedding gown...WOWZA...that gave me pause. lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Not so much.

I don't mind a passing news report, or the televising of the weddings (which I don't watch anyway), and I think the newest generation of babies are simply beautiful and sweet, but like most celebrity stuff, I'm not into it. 

I do like that the royal family does so much to raise money for and bring attention to various causes and charities. And I do believe that William and Harry, thanks to their mother's influence, are ushering in a whole new role and mission for the royal family, and in a good way. 

Honored Contributor

Nope! 

Honored Contributor

No.  I couldn't care less.

Trusted Contributor

Zero interest here.

Respected Contributor

No, I have no interest. 

Super Contributor

I was very interested in Diana.  Now ,not as much.  Harry & Megan don't interest me at all.  I'm tired of all the pictures and news coverage on where they're going, what she's wearing, her gown etc.  

I've watched all those royal weddings: Charles, Anne,Andrew,William & Kate.  Most have ended in divorce.   I think I even watched Princess Margaret's wedding (1960).

Honored Contributor

My interest began..and ended...with Diana.

She set the bar so incredibly high, everyone else is just ‘noise’.

The images of Diana greeting AIDS patients, meeting Mother Theresa

and walking within the minefields is something we shouldn’t forget.

No one in the monarchy has even come close to her

hands-on charitable endeavors.

Honored Contributor

Moderately.    It's good to  be "up" on current events............

♥Surface of the Sun♥