Honored Contributor

Re: Are you interested or care about the Royals and the wedding etc....

@chiclet

I’m only mildly interested. I’m not really a follower of any kind of celebrities. It isn’t of interest to me. It is a different culture & I’m not one to judge. 

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I don't care who cares about the royals I am just curious if everyone is feels the same.  You turn on the TV and there it seems to be so I change channels or fast forward if recorded. 

@chiclet

That is the doing of the media not the royals. 

Honored Contributor

I think you are right and your opinions are valid and shared by many British people.  The Royals aren't living off the taxpayers as much as they did years ago.  Most "lesser" royals have been cut off from public funds.  I expect that we will see that trend continue into the future.  I'm not going to try to explain the Royalty thing to you because as an American, I only the surface of it all.  I just enjoy the pageantry  of it all, it's entertainment to me.    

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Yes, I'm fasciated by the Royals.  They have an interesting history.  

Respected Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

For me these people are rich, priveleged, famous and have done nothing to earn it except be born to the right people.  The money spent on the wedding could probably end hunger in some country.  Making all those appearances decked out in thousands of dollars of clothing to smile and shakes hands at a hospital is laughable.  I keep thinking I am looking at it all wrong and there is more to it than a country supporting castles and rich people to live literally like kings and queens.  I just don't get it....

I do agree with you ... but we could make that statement about a lot of things ..

what does the Super Bowl cost ... The Miss Universe Pagent ...The Olympics

etc. ...they cost millions too ....or how about a ladies closet filled with Burkin

Bags ?

Respected Contributor

How about Movie Stars salaries .... Rock Stars saleries ....and then think of

what we pay our teahcers and firefighters ....police etc.

Esteemed Contributor

The only Royal I am interested in, is HRH Queen Elizabeth. She is an amazing woman and is worthy of respect and admiration.

I also like Prince Charles.

I'm not really interested in William or Harry, as they are trying to be "one of us" and are losing their prestige, IMO......go ahead and be royal, it's who you are LOL.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

If you don't care, why does it matter to you who does?

What is the point of berating someone who posts a question/poll or opinion? I see people who are expressing their opinion on here daily, yet think others shouldn't? 

What's up with that?

Honored Contributor

I admit i am interested in them,  it is for the most part a real life fairy tale, with the exception of princess dianna, that was treated so badly ,and died so young ,she was a real beauty as well.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

The only Royal I am interested in, is HRH Queen Elizabeth. She is an amazing woman and is worthy of respect and admiration.

I also like Prince Charles.

I'm not really interested in William or Harry, as they are trying to be "one of us" and are losing their prestige, IMO......go ahead and be royal, it's who you are LOL.

I like the younger royals much more ,do not like charles at all.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.