Valued Contributor

I have been using a daily call service called iamfine for several years now. You choose the time of day and receive an automated call checking up on you. The call asks you to press1 if you're ok. Then you hang up. They call back every 15 minutes for an hour if you don't answer the phone. Then they call or email whoever is on you contact list to let them know you're not responding.

The reason I'm writing about this today is that Iamfine is offering their service free until the end of April in response to covid19. The website is dailycall.iamfine.com There is a coupon APRIL2020.

I am not affiliated with them, just highly recommend this service.

Respected Contributor

Good to know. Thank you! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I am in favor of  anything that helps to keep people safe. Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

That's all I need!

Between my phone and email .... someone is always looking for me / checking in.  My brother and SIL in particular. 

We have a calling relay set.

Generally - we alert someone if we plan on being out at unusual times so no one worries / calls cops / checks hospitals.  

Honored Contributor

Excellent idea for those who live alone and have no family close by.

Super Contributor

Our local Sheriff's office has an "Elder Watch" program.  A deputy will make a welfare check if the phone is not answered on the third call.

Honored Contributor

(thread title)

@Jasmine19 

Not me! Even when my wife is off Pet Sitting for a couple of weeks. I always have our 6 furry feline kids and our 1 canine keeping me in good company. Actually. I kinda like being alone.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

When my sons were in grade school, I was a volunteer providing this service for older people.  

Honored Contributor

@Jasmine19 Very thoughtful of you to post this, could be very helpful to some people here. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"