Honored Contributor

Re: Are you going to watch OJ's parole hearing?

@esmerelda wrote:

@momtochloe  I didn't say it was true.  I only said he expressed it.  Only he knows what's in his heart.

And really...why is he getting so much attention here?

Guilty of any wrong doing or not...there's a lot of hate here for him.

And you know...the opposite of love is not hate...it's indifference.

So really...does anyone here really care what he thinks? says? does with his life?

@esmerelda I guess for me I don't give him a second's thought but on a day like today it galls me that he is going to be roaming the earth when we all know he slaughtered two innocent human beings for no reason other than jealousy or in Ron's case being the wrong place at the wrong time.  My thoughts and prayers go out to the Goldman family.

Trusted Contributor

HLN is actually showing news instead of Forensic Files back to back.

Respected Contributor

No!

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

All those in Florida have a little time to evacuate!  Move!!!!

He moved to Florida after his murder trial.    Nobody evacuated then. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

this cannot be a surprise to anyone since we all know what this was about.

even one of the commentators on the channel i am watching said that pretty much 83% of the inmates that have similar situations/offenses would be granted parole at this point.

@sunshine45, I watched GMA yesterday morning, as usual, and they had Dan Abrams on speaking about this and Nancy Grace.  Dan was pretty confident OJ would be paroled but Nancy's head was about to explode and she thought his parole would be denied. 

She kept bringing up the murders or Ron and Nicole and Dan kept telling her that had nothing to do with this but she wasn't having it.     

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

this cannot be a surprise to anyone since we all know what this was about.

even one of the commentators on the channel i am watching said that pretty much 83% of the inmates that have similar situations/offenses would be granted parole at this point.

@sunshine45, I watched GMA yesterday morning, as usual, and they had Dan Abrams on speaking about this and Nancy Grace.  Dan was pretty confident OJ would be paroled but Nancy's head was about to explode and she thought his parole would be denied. 

She kept bringing up the murders or Ron and Nicole and Dan kept telling her that had nothing to do with this but she wasn't having it.     

Apparently, back in 2013 when he was granted parole for the first 5(?) charges, the expectation was that he'd be paroled for the other 8 as early as he was eligible (2017).  So he would have had to misbehave in some way in the last 4 years for this not to have been the outcome.  I thought that was interesting, both because I didn't really remember hearing about it back then (not that I would have necessarily), and because I would have expected it to be a larger part of the narrative of yesterday's hearing.

Respected Contributor

@SarahW--- LEGALLY he has met all the requirements for parole. 

LEGALLY he must be treated like any other inmate.

It was a foregone conclusion that he would be released.