Respected Contributor

Re: Are you going to the library today?

Our libraries quarantined materials for 3 days, now I think it's four.  Makes me feel better but only so good as people doing cleaning .

Esteemed Contributor

Another free way to see books is use the library's own app.  You will have access to much more than your library can possibly have.  Then you can buy the keepers.

For me it is Libby.  Just got five books last night, in my pjs.

Honored Contributor

@sunala Oh we are birds of a feather!  When I was a child my mom would drop me off at the library in a huge old mansion and know I would be there happy, sitting on the floor with the books about ancient Egypt when she got back!  

Yes, the smell, the feel, and the love of books!  I have it bad.  Friends would head to the "dime" store and I would go to an office supply store!  I worked around books all my career.

I still buy "picture" books: on old houses, gardens, decorating, cooking etc.  But e-readers are a miracle!

I got the latest paperwhite that is "water resistent".  It is great!  It is light and the screen is an improvement on my old one. Which wasn't that old really.

I have a generation 9 Voyage, which is nice but I'm not in love with it.  I'm thinking maybe I like this new Paperwhite better.  The screen is flush with the boarder, and not as matte, which is much better.  

I got the $29 water resistent case and like it a lot.  It is light and not really thick, and the Kindle is easier to hold.  I got a blue one with a blue cover but the cover is a deep blue, the Kindle a little lighter, but they are beautiful and easy to find in the house!  

So I am happy!  I have a book on it and one on the old Voyage and anything in color I read on the IPad.  I was so touched when John Jr. said Jackie Kennedy Onassis died surrounded by her family, her friends and her books.  That's how I'd want to go. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, I went online to my library and put an Ebook on hold.   

Honored Contributor

I rarely go to the library even though there is one just down the hill from me.  However, I have been using some of their online resources since the shutdown.  Our library is open, but I am glad they have not yet shut down access to Ancestry which is normally only available from within the library's wifi network.  

Esteemed Contributor

My library is now open, but I haven't been and don't plan to for a while.  I really miss it, but during this shutdown I decided to check out books from the library to read on my iPad and surprisingly I like it.  I still like having a book in my hands, but I'm adjusting to this and it works for me.  I have also been able to watch videos on my roku which I can rent from the library and that works good too.  This shutdown sure has made me more tech savy.  I've adjusted to this new way of life in so many ways, yet praying to get back to normal.