Honored Contributor

Re: Are you going to the beach this weekend?

@springers wrote:

Happy Birthday Surfers wife, it’s hard having bdays while this is going on. And from your name I assume your husband has been out on the water. Here in San Diego, warm weather but the parking lots are closed (good luck street pkg) boardwalk or strand is closed for activity. You can’t sit on sand, you can go in the water or walk along shore. Do your activity and go home.
We don’t go on holidays when we can go anytime.

@springers 

Our beaches are now "fully" open.  We were like y'all...beach closed to butt traffic but you could cross the sand to get to the water to swim or surf.  We are blessed that we live beach-front, so even when the beaches were closed to butt traffic, we stayed inside our property line, but still got some beach action.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittykatkay wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@kittykatkay 

I'm HAPPY to post it.  It's in his head & he is in the shower, but I'll make sure to post it later today.  Stay tuned!

@SurferWife..thank you, sweetie.  Nooooo, do NOT bother your DH if he is in the shower for sure, lol.

@kittykatkay 

Okay...here goes...I don't give amounts because...well, he's a man & the recipe is in his head & he says "I don't need no stinking amounts".  Okay...he  uses these specific types of potatoes (2 little cartons) & little bitty macaroni...sweet pickle relish, hard boiled eggs, diced onions &/or chopped green onions, crumbled bacon, Dukes (ONLY) Mayonnaise, salt & pepper to taste.  That's it!  Simple, but so very tasty!

286A080C-344E-42EB-B82D-72C13CA36A7E.png11533AD6-5DF7-4C52-B746-6D9C8EF115B1.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Love the beach and it’s 20 minutes away. But not going this summer at all. People didn’t social distance last weekend and our Governor extended the ban on restaurants opening. People are foolish.  Cookouts, friends over on and on. Have at it. My daughter is a nurse and she and her colleagues say we are the ones who will be taking care of these self entitled, foolish people and potentially exposing ourselves. The locals here are beside themselves with all the tourists hovering and packed together on the boardwalk like canned sardines without masks. Blanket to blanket on the beach and no one enforcing any kind of social distancing.  Um no, maybe summer 2021.

Respected Contributor

Nah, not this summer.  And I love the Great Lakes.  We do have a river in town and plenty of parks.

Maybe we should get a kiddie pool for the summer.

Valued Contributor

@SurferWife  Happy late birthday!

Mine was Friday. My daughter came home, first time I've seen her in over two months. Smiley Happy 

This morning (Saturday morning) we got up early and headed out to the beach. We were there by 8 a.m., and it was wonderful. Not crowded, beautful weather, nice breeze. By this time of the year we've usually been to the beach many, many times. Of course this year has been anything but normal. It was our first time out there.

We had to leave at 11 though. People were beginning to come out, and you could tell a crowd was building. As we were leaving  the cars were backed up for miles waiting to get on the island. It would have been impossible to have kept an acceptable distance. 

The sand, the sun.....the breeze....even a still somewhat cool Atlantic.....with my daughter's company. I don't think I've ever had a better birthday in my life. Heart

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Respected Contributor

I was invited to go with some friends. They rented a condo with a balcony facing the ocean, tempting but I'll wait. Also, the traffic is already heavy so it will be bumper to bumper for the Memorial Day weekend.

Honored Contributor

No. I went once to the beach on Memorial Day weekend and it was a total bust. Even under the best of circumstances, which these aren't, the beach is a several hour car drive away and the draw lost it's luster a number or years ago. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

We don't live anywhere near the ocean, so we will be doing some biking.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

yes, came on thursday.

social distancing is going farily well at the pools and ocean.

pools are only at 20% capacity, and they are cleared and sanitized every two hours for fifteen minutes. umbrellas at the beach are to be set 10 feet apart, edge to edge.

friday and saturday were beautiful and quite comfortable.

today it is chilly and is not out of the 50s.....and cloudy.

for me, a bad day at the beach is even a good day. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I was watching the news and they showed large gatherings with very few people wearing masks.  That is enough to keep me home.  In my mind it is disrespectful to the other people to not wear a mask.