Honored Contributor

Re: Are you going to the beach this weekend?

@millieshops wrote:

To the beach -- no.    Near the beach -- hoping to later this afternoon.  My car needs to be run and the ocean is only a few miles from here.  I expect there will be parking spots later in the afternnon, so I want to go listen to the ocean and watch the waves, but I won't go down onto the sand today.

@millieshops What state are you in?

Honored Contributor

No ...too many obstacles right now.  Between crowds and the virus plus I have a feeling that some NJ shore towns are not looking forward to PA license plates either and I don't need a hard time about it.

We're in PA but an hour away from Belmar, NJ which is a beach town but on their site they made a comment about not wanting to welcome out of towners....translation those with PA & NY plates....but it's against the law to keep us out.  I'm just afraid of there being no parking, etc.

So I really don't know if we'll go much at all this summer....we're close to the Delaware river so we may try to find a few spots if possible to sit by the river in upper Bucks County which is scenic.

Trusted Contributor

There is no beach here in Columbus GA, so no beach for me Woman Tongue

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Trusted Contributor

I'm not right near a beach so no but if I were and it were somewhat normal for me to go there I would. We've had parks open this entire time and people are walking around and hanging out in them but everyone just keeps their distance. I run by the river every morning and I might go down later in the afternoon and just chill out.

Honored Contributor

@ECBGThis week I'm in Florida -   in one of the 3 southeastern counties that are really just beginning to open up.  I know the beach itself has opened, but I'll leave that to others for now.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ECBGThis week I'm in Florida -   in one of the 3 southeastern counties that are really just beginning to open up.  I know the beach itself has opened, but I'll leave that to others for now.

@millieshops Awwww.  Please have some seafood and a good time for me!  Stay safe!Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ECBGI should have gone as soon as I made that post -   our weather has deteriorated this afternoon -  spurts of heavy rain and gray, gray skies.   Boo hiss.

Regular Contributor

Yes, my husband will be shooting wind surfers and Mosey and I will walk and wade and sit and read. 

Beaches have been open for exercise only.  Until just a few days ago, you would kicked off and fined for sitting, sun bathing or just hanging out.  So now it's all open but still supposed to practice 6 ft apart and no grilling, etc. 

But if it's too crowded, we will retreat. 

Trusted Contributor

No, here in nyc we are still on pause. Today was lousy, rained on and off all day and cloudy. Hopefully that will thin the crowds in jersey.  If it turns sunny this weekend, it will be a disaster at the beaches. Even in our parks, not every one is wearing masks and it is difficult to stay 6 ft apart with all the cooped up people  coming out.

Respected Contributor

No, no proper beach in easy driving distance.

I was born near the sea and have memories of trips to the beach, trying to build sand castles, getting a prize of a stuffed toy on a stick at a booth on the boardwalk. Those were beautiful, clear summer days, perfect for the ocean. I remember our family's heavy yellow and white umbrella and the big picnic hamper, the Thermos with lemonade and ice, the plaid wool blanket my parents sat on and talked while we played on the sand and waded.

Remembering is enough for me. No need to slather on sunscreen or fiddle with a mask or try to make sure I don't track sand into the house!