Respected Contributor

Re: Are you going to the beach this weekend?

on a holiday weekend?    NO

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

No desire this weekend.  As another poster stated the northeast is a bit chilly right now and the weather is okay, but not great.  I always enjoy a walk on the beach regardless but with all that's going on we'll stay away for  now.  RI is supposed to enter phase two on June 1st, hopefully if we don't push the issue of all flocking to the beaches, that phase will be on schedule!  

Esteemed Contributor

No. My sister and her family went to a lake, and she told me earlier it is chilly there.

Here it has got humid all of a sudden. I just gave neighbors dog a bath, and I am just happy to be in with the a/c on.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Nearest beach is Puerto Peñasco, Mexico.   The border is closed.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Yes, yes & yes!  My puppy's birthday was 5/15; mine was this past Wednesday, so we are having some friends over tomorrow & are cooking out hamburgers and hanging out on the beach to celebrate our birthdays.  Our friends have a little dog too, so they will get to play together all day.  It will be pure greatness.

My husband makes the best potatoe-Mac salad, which he will construct tonight.  Tomorrow we will have some pu-pus consisting of boiled shrimp with drawn butter or cocktail sauce, the most perfectly cooked hamburger on onion rolls, potatoe-Mac salad, Mai Tais, ice-cold beer, iced tea, whatever you want.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Birthday Surfers wife, it’s hard having bdays while this is going on. And from your name I assume your husband has been out on the water. Here in San Diego, warm weather but the parking lots are closed (good luck street pkg) boardwalk or strand is closed for activity. You can’t sit on sand, you can go in the water or walk along shore. Do your activity and go home.
We don’t go on holidays when we can go anytime.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Yes, yes & yes!  My puppy's birthday was 5/15; mine was this past Wednesday, so we are having some friends over tomorrow & are cooking out hamburgers and hanging out on the beach to celebrate our birthdays.  Our friends have a little dog too, so they will get to play together all day.  It will be pure greatness.

My husband makes the best potatoe-Mac salad, which he will construct tonight.  Tomorrow we will have some pu-pus consisting of boiled shrimp with drawn butter or cocktail sauce, the most perfectly cooked hamburger on onion rolls, potatoe-Mac salad, Mai Tais, ice-cold beer, iced tea, whatever you want.

@SurferWife...your DH makes the best potato-mac salad?  Suga....you can NOT post that fact here WITHOUT the recipe, lol.  Enjoy and happy birthday to you and your little puppy.

Honored Contributor

@kittykatkay 

I'm HAPPY to post it.  It's in his head & he is in the shower, but I'll make sure to post it later today.  Stay tuned!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

No. Not a fan of beaches. I don’t swim.

I think the last time I was at a beach was early 1990s.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@kittykatkay 

I'm HAPPY to post it.  It's in his head & he is in the shower, but I'll make sure to post it later today.  Stay tuned!

@SurferWife..thank you, sweetie.  Nooooo, do NOT bother your DH if he is in the shower for sure, lol.