Honored Contributor

Re: Are you going to the beach this weekend?

To the beach -- no.    Near the beach -- hoping to later this afternoon.  My car needs to be run and the ocean is only a few miles from here.  I expect there will be parking spots later in the afternnon, so I want to go listen to the ocean and watch the waves, but I won't go down onto the sand today.

Trusted Contributor

No and our weather today is a blessing.  Cool rain and fog. No crowds on the beaches.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@millieshops -

That sounds wonderfulSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

I'd love to go out and play, but still no. Too much news coverage of people not wearing masks or keeping their distance. It's one thing to take calculated risks to do things I have to do, and another to take risks when I don't have to. Luckily, the sun shines the same on my street as on the beach... 

Respected Contributor

no, not even considering it.  we stay away from the beaches on regular weekends, but holiday weekends are a huge NO.  

Valued Contributor

Nope, the closest beach is 6 hours from me. Plus I wouldn't go anyways during this time.

Honored Contributor

I live about four blocks from our beach in SoCal. Beautiful weather. Our beach opened up, as well as our beach bath for walking and bicycling.

No. I will continue walking on less crowded streets as I have been doing since this all started. Beach people are not particularly the best at adhering to the rules, and then there's the influx from the hot inland areas.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@qualitygal Our dog got a bath too!  We live 5 mins. from the beach and our Governor opened it, but no, we don't feel comfortable with crowds.  Enjoy your weekend, all!

Honored Contributor

Most assuredly not, RetRn.  However, my niece and her family went to the Outer Banks for a two-week stay.  Where they went has only homes to rent (for the most part), and so they will not have to cross paths with others.

Still, I am not ready to return yet.  I saw a photo online two days ago of visitors to Bethany Beach, Del., on the boardwalk.  Bethany attracts a well-informed crowd, but only one of six people wore a mask.  

Not for me -- yet -- as I am in two at-risk groups.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Definitely maybe ~ Frankie Bergstein

A perfect quote for the indecisive...like me! Smiley Very Happy

eta ~ had to change the name Bernstein to Bergstein. I thought something looked off, lol.