Trusted Contributor

Re: Are you going to be giving out candy if trick or treaters show up at your door?

No. Our porch light will be off.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are you going to be giving out candy if trick or treaters show up at your door?

The last time I had trick or treaters was in 2001.  I think I am safe and can eat the small stash I always buy just in case.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Yes, I'll be giving out candy this year. I plan to sit in a chair on our front steps, wear a mask with a filter insert and wear gloves. I'll put the candy in each child's bag and only allow one child to come to me at a time.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, of course.  Decorated a pvc pipe like a dragon .  Candy will slide down the pipe to the children's bag.  Shame people just give up rather than find ways to make things work.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

I purchased some but my town is now back in the red zone because of Covid so No I wont be handing any out.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Yes, of course.  Decorated a pvc pipe like a dragon .  Candy will slide down the pipe to the children's bag.  Shame people just give up rather than find ways to make things work.

@CrazyDaisy 

I've seen many of those online that people are making, the only thing is your home has to have an incline (such as stairs)  for the candy to slide down to the kids below.

If you're in a split level home with no incline, you'd have to build a ramp or something to create an incline.

I've seen quite a few creative ideas beside that, where a guy set up a clothes line with pulley to his porch and to a post at the sidewalk.

He has a spooky ghost attached to it, holding a bucket of candy, and wheels the ghost down the line when kids approached, then reels in back in to refill his bucket.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JYWilliams 

Smart lady, stay safe!Heart

You're part of the solution!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

No I'm not. I rarely have any kids at my door anyway,  as I live on a dark, spooky road, no sidewalks or street lights and across the street from 10 acres of woods----

Respected Contributor

No I am not. I suggested people buy their kids candy & keep them safe but was blasted for that. So I will protect myself & not answer the door if anyone comes.

Super Contributor

I am in a gated community and we had the question posed to all : Are handing out candy ? ....   I like Halloween and decided to put loose candy into small ziploc bags and set up a table on my drive-way so kids can help themselves...I like to see the costumes and chat with the kids and their folks but this year is so different and having had COVID and having increasing positive infection numbers in my town, I will have to forgo it for safety. Also we are a month from Thanksgiving so I am keeping safe as possible !!   Everyone stay well !!!!