Super Contributor

Re: Are you decorating your front yards for the holidays?

The same thing I do every year - holiday garden flag, wreath on door, and lights in porch area.  I was awake early this morning and noticed the neighbor down the street had put up lights and they were on. It is supposed to rain this week.  I should probably get started outside, but usually wait till Thanksgiving weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

We have a wheel that we plug in and it projects images on the house. The lazy guy's outdoor decor but we like it. Also put some sparkly deer outside. Our neighborhood has deer that runs free. Throw a door ornament up and we are done. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Our house is not visible fromth road,so I guess not.

Honored Contributor

Front yards?   Seriously?  Uh, no.

Front door and windows.    

Honored Contributor

I put a wreath and maybe a garland around the door, but that's it. 

Trusted Contributor

No. First time in my adult life. I'm already over it.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

Porch decorations only; anything in the yard would likely be stolen.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedTop wrote:

Porch decorations only; anything in the yard would likely be stolen.   

@RedTop that's a darn shame about yard decorations likely to be stolen.. pitiful that people sink that low.  Bet your porch decorations are gorgeous.

We've had our tree on for several months- to give people driving by something happy to look at- and today my husband put up our big wreath and our large star, which stands a good 20ft in the air and shines such a pretty winter blue- Beautiful Star of Bethlehem is one of my favorite holiday songs and all the time.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

We have a big oak tree that has to come down from damage it took during the recent ice storm.  I don't what we will do, or what that would tear up when it's cut down.

SO, maybe just lights on the bushes, maybe just a lit wreath--who knows at this point?  Our neighborhood usually goes all out, but we have all had so much damage and the yards have piles of debris 6 feet tall in so many--if that isn't gone you can't really see the houses anyway.

Honored Contributor

Yes, just as we always do. Lights on the bushes, something on the front stoop, lighted wreath, maybe more.  I still have pumpkins (not Jack o Lanterns) and fall decorations up inside. pumpkins, gourds and mums on the front stoop. Won't do the Christmas ones until December.