Respected Contributor

Re: Are you afraid of heights?

I get vertigo really bad even going to the top of a ten foot ladder! I don't know how they can can do it..... Also hard to watch videos of those rides in Vegas that are at the top of those high rise buildings .
Super Contributor

I hear what everyone is saying. I hate heights too, especially when you are out in the open and the wind is blowing. I just thought this was a unique perspective as to what it is like without doing it. When the guy first sits on the ledge with his feet dangling over at night made me queasy right off the bat.

One wrong move or slip and these guys would be history. I'd hate to be the guy who tests it when they first put it up. I would think coming down would be just as much of a challenge.

Good luck with the skydiving Jules. I can't imagine doing that being scared of heights. Maybe it will help conquer your fears.

Honored Contributor

Yes, all of my life.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Sends shivers down my spine just watching! Years ago on a business trip to Atlanta, friends had to get me slightly "tipsy" (maybe a little more than slightly) to get me in the glass elevator to go up to the restaurant at the top of Peachtree Plaza!{#emotions_dlg.scared} I turned toward the wall. But after getting a little more tipsy, I actually enjoyed the ride down!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor

I don't love heights or glass elevators, but I will not deliberately avoid them.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

Watched the video...fascinating! I particularly loved the thunderstorm going on below them.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

I went up in the Washington Monument and couldn't get out of the elevator. There is a bridge near Taos over the Rio Grande Gorge that's about 700 ft. High. I won't walk anywhere near it but have often driven over it. Several years ago a couple of guys threw another off that bridge in a drug deal gone bad. To me, that would have been the most horrible, awful way to die.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I choose not to tempt fate.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Super Contributor

Yes I'm afraid of height!