Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are you a good judge of character?

@Imaoldhippie  What a painful post. I wish you trust, happiness and laughter with some new friends in your future. A great giggle is healthy for the soul. <cyber hugs>

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I’ve seen movies & tv shows where police show false IDs & gain entrance. If you no longer trust a police detective, well that’s a sad commentary of what our country has become.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady..............thanks for your hugs and well wishes.  I did not mean for the post to be pity party for me.  It took me several years to come to grips with all that happened and most of my healing has been through God and my now wonderful hubby.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Have always had that inner "gut feeling" which has served me well. Am able to spot the manipulators, the controllers, the drama seekers, the users, the abusers, and the jealous! Have no time for any of them sucking the air out of my life. LOL  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I’m not as confident of my ability to judge a person’s trustworthiness as I once was.  

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Yes, I am.However, these days I trust no one.If you come to my door unless I know you you will not get in.If you call me & I don’t recognize your number I will not answer the phone.

The other day I was at the mailbox & a young man approached me.He asked if he could see my home because he was interested in buying a townhouse in my development.I refered him to the management company & left.I thought about how 20 years ago I would gladly have showed him around.Times have changed & so have I.It’s unfortunate,but it is what it is.

That's creepy.

No way would I allow some stranger into my home.

@NicksmomESQ — I would not have allowed that man into my home 20 or 30 years ago.  

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEENthe world has not changed. The way we viewed it had. We had become complacent and naive. Watch the behavior of the animals, birds and the like around us. They are always vigilant. Their lives depend on it.

Respected Contributor

That's a good question.  I have had hunches turn out to be right on, and I have also been burned.  I have learned not to give too much (information, time, whatever) until I establish a very good relationship with someone and can get a better feel for whether their motives are genuine or not.  Unfortunately, personal integrity just doesn't seem to be very valued any more. 

Honored Contributor

I've become more cautious and do not share things with people I don't know well. Over the years I worked with people who were not trustworthy. 

Trusted Contributor

Just when I think I am, someone proves me wrong!!!!