Honored Contributor

Re: Are you a good gift wrapper?

I loved wrapping a beautiful package, so much so, that when we moved into this house that has a large laundry room, I made one of the counter-tops into a wrapping station, the cabinet above was filled with rolls of ribbon, greens, embellishments, etc and underneath I had built in a holder kind of like a paper towel holder, all my papers I kept in a tall container standing right beside. Drawers held scissors, matching tags, tape, etc. It was perfect. However, arthritis in my back have made it too painful to stand there for more than a few minutes, so now I just make fast work of it and get done as quickly as I can.
"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

Yes, I love wrapping gift's. I worked at Jordan Marsh  for 10 year's in the gift wrapping dept. That was about 36 yr's ago. One of my sister's hate's gift wrapping so I wrapped all her gift's this year.

Frequent Contributor

The brief answer:  no.  My packages always look sloppy.

That's why I do gift bags.  There again, they don't look all that great (not as nice as other people assemble them). 

Valued Contributor

I am a good gift wrapper.  I like packages to look neat and pretty.  Years ago I was getting something gift wrapped in the mall.  I saw how some of the people's gifts looked and asked if I could wrap mine myself.  lol  She allowed me. 

Valued Contributor

@Snicks1: Many years ago I saw a show featuring Candy Spelling. (I don't remember if it was a decorating show or a celebrity show....like them both.) In her mansion she had a gift wrapping room, complete with the paper towel holder rods filled with ribbon. I haven't thought about it for years, until I read your post. I enjoy wrapping, and would love to have room in my house. I'm afraid that's pretty low on my priority list, but I'm envious of you!

Respected Contributor

I can be a good gift wrapper. I wrapped gifts at a department store when I was in high school and college. Now it seems I have so many gifts to wrap that I end up tossing a lot of them into gifts bags.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

I love wrapping presents.  I think I do a nice job and have them look nice.  lol, I guess I'm a bit of a perfectionist about it!