Honored Contributor

Re: Are you a good gift wrapper?

I think I am...I like to have everything color coordinated.

I also like to use special things like twigs, twine, greens, etc to emblish the packages.

Trusted Contributor

Good thread.  I am NOT a good present wrapper, lol.   I find it boringMan Surprised

Honored Contributor

No, and I do not enjoy it either. My husband is a very good wrapper-years and years ago he used to work in a mailroom. My sister and sister in law both wrap the most beautiful presents. They take the time and spend the money buying unique beautiful paper, and ribbons and their gifts look like a professional wrapped them.Mine aren't horrible, but they are not great either!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

75 cents per hour ...... one more thing we have in common!

I was sewing, not wrapping.  However, I can wrapa pretty package.  I learned how to cut the paper, miter the corners and make them look pretty with different ribbon patterns.

Respected Contributor

I don't do ribbons and bows (unless we're talking the self-stick ones you slap on), but as far as making the paper match up and look neat, yes.  I have way too many things to wrap to think about embellishments lol

Respected Contributor

I am a terrible gift wrapper.

I wrapped a gift so badly a customer asked if they could take some more paper home and re do it themselves.Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I am an excellent gift wrapper.  Here's my secret-put gift in bag, then pull ribbon at top of bag!  Works every time with professional results!!  lol...

Respected Contributor

No.  Takes me forever to get it right.

My cousin Cheryl is very artistic and does a beautiful job wrapping packages.  Love to receive a gift from her.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to shop at a few stores that gift wrapped for you.  I really miss that service.  One store would gift wrap year round and I bought many gifts there.  What a beautiful job they did, much better than me.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I've always loved to wrap presents. When I was younger, I wrapped presents at Gimbels Department Store. When my kids got older, I had a color/theme every year for presents.