Honored Contributor

Re: Are you a good gift wrapper?

I don't do gift wrapping anymore, but when I did I was good at it.

Just now thinking about this - (and this is weird for me) - I have to say that I got that from my horrible mother.   

Respected Contributor

Hi, Cherry,  I like wrapping packages and as long as I have the kind of wide ribbon with a little wire on the sides (Costco is a good source) or just the curly narrow ribbon from K-mart, I can make it pretty. 

People have asked me twice recently, "Where did you get this wrapped?"  Kind of a minor talent, but I have an artsy side and love wrapping gifts. 

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Are there any tips you could share about gift wrapping?

@cherryLooking on youtube would probably be more helpful.  Have fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7-1DRvX-LU

Respected Contributor

Well, yes.  I enjoy giving pretty and uniquely wrapped gifts.

Honored Contributor

I think I am a good gift wrapper.  This year every thing is wrapped in red and white striped paper with red satin ribbon.  Cookie plates are square red with large red bows with shiny red polka dots.   

Honored Contributor

I was when I didn't have RA and was able to tie elegant bows. In fact, people often complimented me on my elaborate gift wrapping. Fond memories, Cherry, of a time gone by. My hands just won't cooperate any more. Now I just use fancy bags with tissue or the QVC bags with ribbons attached to them. Ellen D. had some nice ones that I ordered.

Respected Contributor

Spoiler

I like to think I wrap pretty packages. If I use a gift bag I usually use a hole punch to add ribbon or other embellishments to the bag. I enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Are there any tips you could share about gift wrapping?

@cherry

Have a theme and a color palette each year.  Buy one huge roll of paper and two or three spools of coordinating, wire-edged ribbon.  Foil type paper is the neatest to work with because it makes beautiful edges and corners.

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I think I am a good gift wrapper.  This year every thing is wrapped in red and white striped paper with red satin ribbon.  Cookie plates are square red with large red bows with shiny red polka dots.   

@DiAnne how festive! 

Honored Contributor

(thread title)

Yes. I had lots of practice while working overtime at a department store when I worked in the supply any delivery department and worked late many nights for almost a month wrapping packages of all sizes.

Got pretty good at picking the right size shipping boxes and making them look pretty darned good after I was done. The boss would not let a couple co-workers do this because they just couldn't catch on. Was fun learning and at $.75 per hour at time and a half pay, how could I turn it down?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)