Respected Contributor

Re: Are you a 'full-on' adult? or "adult-ISH" ;-)

[ Edited ]

Obviously, what one person thinks is "adult" is what another person might think is "childish." There have been many threads where someone says she can't believe any adult woman would wear a certain blouse or would go to an event where they play games that they personally consider corny. Having to hurt others to get your opinion across is my idea of childish, bullyish, or whatever you want to call it. A "full-on adult" knows how to be gracious in situations that may not be to their liking. Maturity is realizing that this world does not revolve around your desires and opinions.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

I'm 65, still a young adult.......in my heart & mind. Now my body is another thing. When I turned 50, I got a tatoo, which says "Wild at Heart". 

Respected Contributor

rinking wine? Really. Re: Are you a 'full-on' adult? or "adult-ISH" ;-)

Drinking wine? Really.

Honored Contributor

A lot of stuff on that list is hysterically funny.  Many things of those things are done by children regularly without anyone telling them to or any help. In fact, they are no big deal.

Respected Contributor

26. Confronting somebody you’re in conflict with in person instead of blasting them on social media

This is what is worrying about social media.  I try to talk to my students about being careful about what they say online.

As for myself, one day in my early 20's I realized I must be a real adult- because I had never eaten a whole package of raw Pillsbury chocolate cookie dough like I often wanted to do as a kid!

Honored Contributor

My son was born in 1984 and has achieved most of the millennial goals to be considered an adult.I think they think the way they do because of the way they were raised, technology, and the uncertainty of the future. Like I tell my son, if I had the advantages growing up you did, I would be Queen.lol