Honored Contributor

Are you Smart Enough to take the S.A.T.?

Here is a practice question.

The answer will be revealed later.

Feel free to answer and explain why you picked that answer.

Respected Contributor

Re: Are you Smart Enough to take the S.A.T.?

B because the paragraph is about natural lighting. 

Trusted Contributor

B, just as previous poster said.

Respected Contributor

B

I chose it because the original first sentence does not relate to the rest of the paragraph.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

D. 

@lolakimono wrote:

Here is a practice question.

The answer will be revealed later.

Feel free to answer and explain why you picked that answer.

D. in which they feel comfortable asking managers for special accommodations. 

D gives employees the opportunity to verbalize (and be understood) if they are uncomfortable in their environment. Talking with a manager may help with the situation if suggestions are financially possible. Perhaps a natural lamp would help an employee feel more comfortable in such a situation.

ETA: Many females have asked for space heaters (and received them). An uncomfortable work place is not acceptable. Every employee should be able to speak with management about their needs.

Some office chairs were unsatisfactory for some people in one company. When I heard about the problems, new (heavy duty) chairs were immediately purchased. 

We also had cubicles installed in the women's lounges at a Fortune 500 Co.  Many of us needed a convenient place to store our make-up, brushes, extra panty hose,  toothpaste, toothbrushes, tampons, etc. The company made attractive oak drawers! We were so pleased to not have to take a purse along.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I say B, because it makes the entire passage make sense.

That said, with today's education, I'm sure the obvious and the logical will be the WRONG answer for the tests. 

Trusted Contributor

I might have been smart enough at an early age but I'm much too dumb now Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

B - because the whole paragraph is about natural light and the current #2 is about temperature.  Which, while connected, is a very different source of personal comfort and well-being.

It can't be D because only the employer (or in conjunction with the owner of a building) can change the configuration of the building.  Giving someone a "natural light" lamp is not the same, although employers have tried that.  It seriously is not the same.  

On a personal note, I can attest to the truth of that whole paragraph that employees need more natural light during the day.  Human beings definitely need more natural light during the day.

That's one reason not to work through lunch and instead take yourself outside.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

B. Because companies balk at the expense of natural light.

Respected Contributor

The intro set me up for info re: workplace temperatures, but the Graf itself is about lighting. So B is the correct answer.