Honored Contributor

Re: Are you Ordering non-necessities at this time...

Have made careful choices because we are helping family members and some friends. I ordered two face mask on Etsy. I have a childhood friend that lives in Tennessee and decided to send her something special for Easter but chose another site instead of Amazon. Also reducing the amount normally spent on gifts. Other than food and necessities no extra purchase for us. Southern Bee

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in downtown Boston.  My building has an entrance into one of the main malls in Boston (Prudential Center).  That mall is connected to another mall where some of the higher end stores are located (Copley Place mall).  Due to a large amount of rain this week I did my exercises by walking through both malls.  In the higher end mall all the stores like Gucci, Dior,  Saint Laurent, Fendi etc are not only shut down and closed as are all the stores here---they have ALL THEIR MERCHANDISE completely removed.  These stores are completely empty!!  Nothing in them!!   Saks Fifth Avenue (which is in the mall connected to where I live) has one of the side entrances boarded up!!   

With how things look from my vantage point---all these looses from these closures are going to take a long time to come back.  We've been told in Boston that things are going to be closed like this until early May at a minimum. And this is the same picture for New York and many many cities in the US and then all over the world...

So this is also why I am excising extreme caution as the picture I am seeing is very scary financially.... I just don't see how they're all going to bounce back and what's going to happen to the economy really worries me.

Respected Contributor

@reiki604 

Does wine count?

NO   that is under necessities

Honored Contributor

@JasoninBoston wrote:

I live in downtown Boston.  My building has an entrance into one of the main malls in Boston (Prudential Center).  That mall is connected to another mall where some of the higher end stores are located (Copley Place mall).  Due to a large amount of rain this week I did my exercises by walking through both malls.  In the higher end mall all the stores like Gucci, Dior,  Saint Laurent, Fendi etc are not only shut down and closed as are all the stores here---they have ALL THEIR MERCHANDISE completely removed.  These stores are completely empty!!  Nothing in them!!   Saks Fifth Avenue (which is in the mall connected to where I live) has one of the side entrances boarded up!!   

With how things look from my vantage point---all these looses from these closures are going to take a long time to come back.  We've been told in Boston that things are going to be closed like this until early May at a minimum. And this is the same picture for New York and many many cities in the US and then all over the world...

So this is also why I am excising extreme caution as the picture I am seeing is very scary financially.... I just don't see how they're all going to bounce back and what's going to happen to the economy really worries me.

Luxury brands will be fine. I'm sure Saks' online shopping is hopping right now. There will always be people who can and will buy that stuff. A locally owned gift shop or tiny eatery, on the other hand?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@jpie My cholesterol numbers went down, to the point where my doctor took me off my meds and said to "continue doing what you are doing," when I showed me the container of CN. That was two, maybe three years ago. Blood work each year shows it is continuing to work for me.

I prefer the 74% to the 66%. I tried the 91%, but that was too strong for me. It was creamy, yes, but the 74 is just right

I ordered two of the largest size, 360. I go by his recommendation (1-2 after each meal), and then some, as I like it when I get a bit of a sweet tooth during the day. So I plan to always have available at least enough for me to enjoy five if I want. I still have two of the 300-count that I have not opened yet, and one 300-count that I opened about a month ago. Wonder why he went from 300 to 360. Hmmm...

In my defense (ha!), I give a lot away to friends, family, and coworkers. In fact, I have even given them to one of my bosses who got his usual winter cough in December. Told him chocolate suppresses the cough. He didn't believe me, took two of the packets, and didn't cough for the rest of the day! LOL!!  

I've converted some of my coworkers who were doing more than just taking a couple from me! Now they purchase when he has the product as his TS.

_______

You are doing great with your numbers! I also know any of Andrew's products that contain, or are CholesteCare, work very well!

You are generous with your friends, coworkers, and family!

I can't wait until Andrew's programs start tonight!  Take Care.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am with your husband. I am not spending money on non necessities. These are very uncertain times, there is plenty of time for us to do all of our girlie shopping once things return to normal. I would rather have my money in my checking and savings accounts.

I forgot to add that I am still employed and able to telecommute from home. I am very Blessed and Grateful. 

Respected Contributor

@Skyegirl21 

There is a famous quote in Les Maximes by LaRochefoucauld that serves you well:  Sometimes the superfluous is necessary.

( For the purists: " Quelquefois le superflu est necessair ".)

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

@jlkz Love your French!!  I agree totally.  This is L'Occitane's "Friends & Family" sale which only lasts until or through 4/7.  So stocking up.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

@kutira wrote:

@jlkz Love your French!!  I agree totally.  This is L'Occitane's "Friends & Family" sale which only lasts until or through 4/7.  So stocking up.

I went to the L'Occitane site, as I'm running out of my fav perfume.  But the website is weird.  There is this kind of banner thing that covers about 80% of the screen and no way to get rid of it.  You have about an inch at the bottom of the screen to try and see the page.  Smiley Sad 

Honored Contributor

@jpie wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@jpie My cholesterol numbers went down, to the point where my doctor took me off my meds and said to "continue doing what you are doing," when I showed me the container of CN. That was two, maybe three years ago. Blood work each year shows it is continuing to work for me.

I prefer the 74% to the 66%. I tried the 91%, but that was too strong for me. It was creamy, yes, but the 74 is just right

I ordered two of the largest size, 360. I go by his recommendation (1-2 after each meal), and then some, as I like it when I get a bit of a sweet tooth during the day. So I plan to always have available at least enough for me to enjoy five if I want. I still have two of the 300-count that I have not opened yet, and one 300-count that I opened about a month ago. Wonder why he went from 300 to 360. Hmmm...

In my defense (ha!), I give a lot away to friends, family, and coworkers. In fact, I have even given them to one of my bosses who got his usual winter cough in December. Told him chocolate suppresses the cough. He didn't believe me, took two of the packets, and didn't cough for the rest of the day! LOL!!  

I've converted some of my coworkers who were doing more than just taking a couple from me! Now they purchase when he has the product as his TS.

_______

You are doing great with your numbers! I also know any of Andrew's products that contain, or are CholesteCare, work very well!

You are generous with your friends, coworkers, and family!

I can't wait until Andrew's programs start tonight!  Take Care.

Just wanted to let you know that you ladies just accidentally sold me a 180 square bottle of these Nuvochoco chocolates. Woman Very Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr