Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Are you Ordering non-necessities at this time...

@jpie Will riot for chocolate.  😂. Curtailing my activity 👍🏻 Taking away my CN 🔥

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered some masks from Etsy.  I consider that a necessary purchase. 

I ordered some Clinique from Macy's. Wasn't really necessary, but I just finished one bottle of an item and wanted a backup.  I think it will come by mail.

I ordered 2 small throw rugs from an Etsy vendor this morning and told her not to be in a rush at all to send them.  They will come by US mail and fold up into a slick envelope. 

I am staying away from Amazon so they can use their resources for necessary purchases. 

Oh and I ordered 2 shirts from J Jill but those also will come in the mail.  

And I forgot. My favorite local consignment store (local) does Facebook live videos and ships products. Obviously her store is non essential so her two physical stores are closed right now.  I did order a few things from her this week.  Trying to support this small business and help get her through. They were totally unnecessary purchases, but I was trying to help her. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I'm trying to keep life as normal as possible so sure I will order things that are not necessities.  

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler 

I have a 360 count of 64% waiting to be opened. This should hold me until my blood work this coming September! (Plus the new one). Really makes a difference with the cholesterol levels! 

How many are you ordering? What flavor(s)?

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 

It is health related. Eliminates problems down the road IMHO!  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

I posted earlier on this thread, and owe no one an explanation, but many of you may be in my spot. Two of our three grown children may be adversely affected financially because of less work. They don't think they're getting laid off, but work flow has decreased. My son works for a small business and only worked 2 days last week. Daughter is flight attendant and will receive minimal pay, but her company is doing their best to take care of employees. One reason we'll hold back on home projects and expenditures is to help family financially - if needed. I know families aren't physically coming together, but I would imagine the concept of family will be more precious in the months to come. I hope so.       

Possible family issues are on my mind, too.  

Respected Contributor

Does wine count? I just called in an order for 6 bottles of Chardonnay. Will be delivered this afternoon. The shop was very appreciative of my order. No contact, They will put the wine on the table on my porch. Go to the car and call me to watch me take it inside. Easy peasy!!!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Life has not stopped, so there are still birthdays to celebrate.

Therefore, I am ordering a few non-necessities as well, but probably much less, just because there is a mindset to conserve resources and not splurge.

Honored Contributor

@jpie My cholesterol numbers went down, to the point where my doctor took me off my meds and said to "continue doing what you are doing," when I showed me the container of CN. That was two, maybe three years ago. Blood work each year shows it is continuing to work for me.

I prefer the 74% to the 66%. I tried the 91%, but that was too strong for me. It was creamy, yes, but the 74 is just right

I ordered two of the largest size, 360. I go by his recommendation (1-2 after each meal), and then some, as I like it when I get a bit of a sweet tooth during the day. So I plan to always have available at least enough for me to enjoy five if I want. I still have two of the 300-count that I have not opened yet, and one 300-count that I opened about a month ago. Wonder why he went from 300 to 360. Hmmm...

In my defense (ha!), I give a lot away to friends, family, and coworkers. In fact, I have even given them to one of my bosses who got his usual winter cough in December. Told him chocolate suppresses the cough. He didn't believe me, took two of the packets, and didn't cough for the rest of the day! LOL!!  

I've converted some of my coworkers who were doing more than just taking a couple from me! Now they purchase when he has the product as his TS.

Valued Contributor

yes I am. shoes & clothes. I'm stress buying.