Honored Contributor

Re: Are you Ordering non-necessities at this time...

[ Edited ]

One of the things I ordered from Amazon, a book that was to arrive by April 1, has been postponed. Amazon sent an email saying, basically, that certain items are being delayed to allow for more essential things to ship sooner. I'm fine with that.

Hello,

We're contacting you about your order of Queen Elizabeth IIs Guide To Life to let you know that you may not receive this item on the day it is released.

We are closely monitoring the developments of COVID-19 and its impact on our customers, selling partners, and employees. With this in mind, we are temporarily prioritizing household staples, medical supplies and other high demand products coming into our fulfillment centers so that we can more quickly receive, restock and deliver these products to customers. As a result, your order may be delayed.

We are working urgently to bring on additional capacity to deliver customer orders. We appreciate your understanding during this time.

Thank you,
Customer Service

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

My husband is not happy with me now, since a couple of packages have arrived, but nothing necessary. He is saying people should not be pulling delivery resources for frivolous 'Stuff'.  I see his point a little, but I am bored and feel tempted to buy ( lucky to still be working).   Your thoughts?  Thanks and stay safe friends! 

I'm not buying that much right now. Necessities, and a few little things to make being stuck at home a bit nicer, but no big shopping sprees.

I also think it's good to support compaines you like that have been forced to close their doors and go completely online. It's a balance. Don't overload the supply chain with loads of tiny fluff requests. Especially don't use expedited shipping when you don't need it. But don't completely stop buying either. That's how I see it at least.

I also would not like it if my husband got unhappy with me about such a thing. Make his concern known, attempt to pursuade me, sure. But no telling me what to do in a matter that is not life or safety related.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I bought a black denim jacket for $10 and change, only because I received $7 off from Pay Pal. Luckily I had a very good beauty and personal care stash before all of this. Right now the only thing I'll have to buy soon is eye cream.

So other than food and necessary household items, no.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

Don't feel bad @Skyegirl21 .

I'm in the Supply Chain business and every shipment counts.

There are high priority shipments and those are treated as such.

In other words, there is room for all, and are processed accordingly.

You are not taxing us, but keeping us in business....so thank you!

We are experiencing less influx right now due to airline cancellations from abroad and are a little slow.

Tell DH America is well prepared in the trucking industry to keep delivering.

We are a truly great country.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Purchasing what my needs require, mostly items not able to obtain or available at grocer or just not possible now!

Honored Contributor

I agree with your husband.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Not ordering now. Ordered 4 pr of jeans from TJMax on March 16. They charged for 4 pr. sent 3 pr , none of them fit and one was not even what i ordered.  On march 19 they closed their e-commerce and B&M shopping . not sure if they will take returns when/if they re-open / go back online. who really knows will people want to even buy things when they don't know what the exposure is?

Honored Contributor

Yes. And what a person decides for him or herself is not what everyone else should or shouldn't be doing. We are adults and can make our own decisions.
Trusted Contributor

While I am grateful to have a job, I have cut way back on my spending.

After seeing market losses so great and not knowing what the bottom could be, my fairly comfortable amounts from several inheritances is been substantially lessened in value that I just want to be extra careful!

I can't really imagine no matter how much we have all saved that anyone would want to be frivolous at this point.......  My dad says the markets will bounce back---but still we don't actually know that will happen!!

Honored Contributor

My online ordering has dropped 75%.  Partly due to saving money and partly due to being home all the time, I more aware I don't need to buy anything.  I need to go cold turkey, but that would be too big a shock to my system.  LOL