Respected Contributor

Are you Ordering non-necessities at this time...

My husband is not happy with me now, since a couple of packages have arrived, but nothing necessary. He is saying people should not be pulling delivery resources for frivolous 'Stuff'.  I see his point a little, but I am bored and feel tempted to buy ( lucky to still be working).   Your thoughts?  Thanks and stay safe friends! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are you Ordering non-necessities at this time...

[ Edited ]

I've done both. I've ordered cat food and hand soap (Necessity) and I ordered a new purse and jammies (fluff). I'm ordering what I would normally need because going out is such a PITA.

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21    Of Course!  A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.  Men do not get it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Skyegirl21  Would he rather you go out shopping? That is, if anyplace is even OPEN to get the "frivolous" stuff!  Sometimes we just need to treat ourselves a little bit.

Maybe tell him to order something he would like, too. Might change his viewpoint. Tell him HE deserves a treat as well!

**Remind** him that you are helping the economy by keeping the delivery people WORKING and getting a paycheck!

Respected Contributor

I talked to a friend who has worked for UPS for decades.  He said they are not busy.  So no, you are not taking delivery away from people who need it 

Respected Contributor

No nothing that is not needed right now. When this is over will do a little shopping but saving all I can for now!

Esteemed Contributor

How are necessities defined these days? Sweets, french fries, hot dogs, and generally accepted comfort foods are now on my list of necessities. Wine also comes from a required food group. I thought I could try to use this quarantine for self development. The NYC in me says Foggeddabouddit.

Honored Contributor

Of course this all depends on ones economic situation. We all know where we are at and what is what.

Honored Contributor

No, my budget is getting tighter with every passing day.  Parents raised me to be a saver, so I'm doing the best that I can for as long as I can.

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

My husband is not happy with me now, since a couple of packages have arrived, but nothing necessary. He is saying people should not be pulling delivery resources for frivolous 'Stuff'.  I see his point a little, but I am bored and feel tempted to buy ( lucky to still be working).   Your thoughts?  Thanks and stay safe friends! 

@Skyegirl21 

No. I’m not buying non-essential items at this time. I am ordering food, household products, & things like deodorant and shampoo.  I can’t imagine what else I would want to order at this time. Too much uncertainty in the world right now. I have no desire to be shopping for anything I don’t need for survival right now.

I’m working full time from home and don’t have any more spare time than I did before but I can see people who don’t work ordering books and things to help keep them busy. 

I’m going to save money on spring/summer clothes for work. Also on makeup.