Valued Contributor

Re: Are women (some) losing their common sense? What do you think?

@vermint   I can't tell you how many times my husband has called me into the room to look at the anchor women.  When some of these women have their legs crossed, you can barely see the bottom of their dress or skirt.  Funny that none of these women wear turtlenecks in the middle of summer.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL.  Do you ever watch the argan oil lady on QVC and notice what she (barely) wears?  Did you see Amy Stran with the Dooney & Bourke show a few days ago?  She caused a flurry of posts because she was wearing a sleeveless and strapless jumpsuit.  It is a trend right here (with some)  on good ole QVC.

Respected Contributor

They need to wear them now cause when they"re older, there would be too much sagging skin for most.

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia   I'm in NE too and I see lots of sleeveless dresses and very short ones...

Honored Contributor

I think bare arms in a winter like this, is ridiculous.   

However, what really raises the level of stupidity for me is to see a woman wearing any kind of top layer that shows pretty much her entire breast, except for the nipple!   Open necklines that plunge to the waist, so there’s no bra, and you’ve got a side view, a cleavage view, only the nipple is covered.   I’ve seen the most ridiculous outfits on female guests on The Tonight Show, who spend their entire time trying to keep themselves covered.   

I would rather see a hundred people in their pajamas in Wal-Mart, than to see any female with their breasts exposed, or wearing a skin tight dress that’s as long as my tunic top, clinging to their body like it’s a second skin.   

Respected Contributor

I think common sense, in general has gone the way of the dodo bird.  Not much of it around today.  

Esteemed Contributor

This has nothing to do with common sense for most of the women in this country. It's all about television news/cable shows. And please, let's not "quietly" implicate one national network - I understand exactly who you are referring to. The vast majority of women on TV do it....local and national.....all networks. They all compete for ratings.

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I agree that it is quite silly.  But I think that QVC hosts, people on TV commercials, TV news, etc. do not have a much of a choice.  I believe that they are instructed about how to dress / what to wear.

@PhilaLady1 

Based on what Leah Williams has said on AM STYLE they have the option to chose what they wear from what's being presented in a fashion show....On non-fashion shows hosts can even choose to wear even non-QVC clothes from their own closet.....This has been confirmed by hosts when customers ask for an item number on the hosts Facebook Pages and its not a QVC item or brand....

Now there are special events where everyone dresses up in special evening attire such as a special jewelry event etc

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

@Venezia   I'm in NE too and I see lots of sleeveless dresses and very short ones...

@Junebug54  - Clearly, we watch different stations.  I'm thankful for mine.

Respected Contributor

I have wondered the same thing. It was 22 degrees this morning and when I turned on the news, there sat the 2 female anchors in sleeveless dresses and that's the way it's been for pretty much the entire winter !   Makes me cold to look at them !