Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are women responsible if their husbands

@JaneMarpleThat sounds like another version of "blame the woman."

Keepin' it real.
Regular Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

Does rolling one's eyes at the errant spouse count?

Only if the spouse may not be mentally capable of knowing what he's doing is wrong. My father-in-law had a series of seizures during which he said the most despicable things to the nurses caring for him. We never told him, as he would have been mortified to know.

Honored Contributor

Oh how i would have liked to had seen all this interest in what men say ,do in in the front of people addressing all this months ago.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Of course wives are not responsible for their husbands behavior. Unless ... If they turn a blind eye so as not to upset the apple cart leading to a loss of financial, and/or social, emotional/psychological advantages, then they are complicit in the wrong doing, and they share in some accountability,varying on the specific instance. I'm sure there are many spouses who are oblivious to this kind of thing, but I'm not sure just how many.  

Regular Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Oh how i would have liked to had seen all this interest in what men say ,do in in the front of people addressing all this months ago.

Well, you know- locker room talk, boys being boys and all that.

Regular Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

Of course wives are not responsible for their husbands behavior. Unless ... If they turn a blind eye so as not to upset the apple cart leading to a loss of financial, and/or social, emotional/psychological advantages, then they are complicit in the wrong doing, and they share in some accountability,varying on the specific instance. I'm sure there are many spouses who are oblivious to this kind of thing, but I'm not sure just how many.  

Just to be clear- if a woman knows that her husband harasses other women, she's responsible for her husband's actions?

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it references politics.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Maudlynn wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Does rolling one's eyes at the errant spouse count?

Only if the spouse may not be mentally capable of knowing what he's doing is wrong. My father-in-law had a series of seizures during which he said the most despicable things to the nurses caring for him. We never told him, as he would have been mortified to know.

I would expect those who love the man to keep him out of situations where he can “get handsy,” assuming this is due to dementia.

Honored Contributor

I do wonder how far those against this behavior lead them in decisions months ago.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

Is it the wife's fault if she's married to a bully, if he consistently belittles his staff and she stands by and says nothing? Is it her fault if another woman complains that he harrasees her and she does nothing? 

@JaneMarple In a situation like this where she knows and it goes on for years and she turns a blind eye to it and THEN it hits the fan....what do say about this person? She knew yet...saw nothing wrong with it? Didn't want to interfere with his business?

What if this is about sexual abuse? Stealing money?

Not being snarky AT ALL. I know women and men who WERE these spouses and....gotta tell ya...I felt/feel nothing but disgust for them.

Now, the spouses who truly knew nothing? My heart goes out to them. The wife of Jarord the Subway guy....man...how she handled herself and that situation... bravo. She was someone who truly did not know. But if she had...if she had said nothing, done nothing.....

Yeah.