Regular Contributor

Are women responsible if their husbands

are harassers?  Asking because I noticed a comment that women who "let" their husbands harass are now speaking out.

My opinion, no woman is responsible for the deeds of another- even if that person is their spouse.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are women responsible if their husbands

Say what?  She's responsible if she witnesses and doesn't report it and I'd also think less of her for not divorcing the jerk.  

Honored Contributor

No

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Wives are not at all responsible for their husbands, not, never ever

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Some wives, S/O's, spouses 'don't have a clue'.  They aren't at their husbands' offices, so how would they even know about what their DH's are up to while working.  If they do know, by some strange way, how could they stop them?  Tough situation, although I wouldn't be in the marriage very long if I knew about their shenanigans.  I don't need an over-abundance of money (within reason).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Women aren’t responsible for their husband’s behavior. 

I have seen many women who know what their husbands are doing and ignore it for  whatever reason.   That is just as bad...

Honored Contributor

@Maudlynn

You'd have to do a study of the marriages to determine that.  I don't think there's a "one size fits all" answer.

Honored Contributor

@Maudlynn wrote:

are harassers?  Asking because I noticed a comment that women who "let" their husbands harass are now speaking out.

My opinion, no woman is responsible for the deeds of another- even if that person is their spouse.

Responsible, maybe not, accountable YES

If you see child abuse, you report it.

If you saw a woman being harrassed or abused in public, you would step in or at least report it.

I don't want to live in a world where people look the other way.

Regular Contributor

@software wrote:

@Maudlynn wrote:

Responsible, maybe not, accountable YES

If you see child abuse, you report it.

If you saw a woman being harrassed or abused in public, you would step in or at least report it.

I don't want to live in a world where people look the other way.

I don't think most men are going to sexually harass a woman while their wife is standing there. I also don't think most women would report their husband to the police if they heard rumor their husband was harassing.  I think a woman's natural reaction would be to say "not my husband".

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Wives are not at all responsible for their husbands, not, never ever

@I am still oxox  Unless the laws have change, and they may have, hopefully, wives are responsible for all debt if the husband leaves not paying.