Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

54 I'd be happy as a tick in ****  LOL   I have to let my house heat up to 82 before I can turn on the air around noon or 2:00 and run for 8 hrs. only.

Count your blessings sweetie. In 100's down here almost daily for 3 good months of every yr. (Tx.)

@SharkE

Huh?    What is preventing you from running your A/C when you want to?

$500 a month electric bills for one thing and husband will be retiring soon, Tx. electric bills can be as high as monthly insurance premiums. Last one we got was 252 and that's with thermostat on 78' and not being turned on till noon or 2 and off at 10. Sleep with fans on.

Just the way it is for some people. Sure, we can go whole hog and throw fate to the wind and turn it on and keep it on, but, we're not on relief we have to pay our own bills.

@SharkE

It doesnt get quite as hot here as you do in North Texas.....our bills arent that high either, I do keep it at 76 and run it at that 24/7---bills about half of yours.............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Congrats !

MIne's on 78' and on 8 hrs a day only. That's when you do your baking and ironing.  You do what you have to do to survive.

Trade Electric Companies LOL

We don't have a choice except turn Amish. LOL

Honored Contributor

i would KILL for 54!

we are around 90 and humid in the maryland area......at 54 i would probably be in the same clothing, but MUCH more comfortable!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

i keep the house generally set at 77 degrees in the hotter months and dont turn off the a/c until maybe october sometime. i would prefer it just a bit lower, but i suppose i can stand the 77 usually. our bill is generally around a little over $400.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

My hubbo would make some changes there. 

Honored Contributor

Turning on the furnace at 54...lol   That's funny, I can't even imagine doing that.  We have a comforter on the foot of the bed should we get chilled.  We'll have mornings in the 50's in few weeks, if not sooner but no way would we even think about turning the heat on.