Honored Contributor

Are there any subjects you enjoy learning about?

For instance, UFO's or Bigfoot.  Something that's still not totally known about, or at least very little is known about it.  Not just the two mentioned, but anything you are aware of or still wonder about and it catches your attention, if on t.v. or radio. 

There's still so many things in life of interest.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Are there any subjects you enjoy learning about?

Lots of times when I'm watching a show I'll jot down a note to further check out a subject. A UFO incident is a good example. There was an NCIS episode about Pearl Harbor which prompted me to do some reading. 

Frequent Contributor

Yes, the black hole. I, think about it and wonder. Makes me want to get under my blanket, for a safety measure.

Respected Contributor

English history, particularly the Tudors.

Honored Contributor

Oh, definitely, what a great question, @qualitygal .

Here are a few things I'd love to know more about:

Color theory as it relates to human coloring-- why some shades look fabulous on one person, and terrible on another.  Not just the well-known "four seasons" theories, but the depth and detail going back to the early 19th century ideas that spawned it all.   Also, style theory, why some people so clearly fall into "types" --  "Dramatic",  or "Gamine" or "Classic",  etc.

The Huguenots.  Those French Protestants who were killed and persecuted by the King and others in France around the 1500's and 1600's and were driven in a great diaspora to many other parts of the globe, somewhat like the Jews.  They settled all over Europe, Africa, and ultimately, America, as in New York state and South Carolina.  Huguenots were oftne known for silk-weaving, linen production, fine crafts, etc.  English Huguenot refugees eventually resulted in people like Laurence Olivier and Daphne du Maurier.  I've gotten bits and pieces of first-hand info because my mother's family was in one wave that fled to both northern and southern Ireland, and became Irish over the centuries!

The Underground Railroad.  It's one of the greatest historical movements in America, and lamentably, some of what transpired wasn't committed to paper so we only know part of the history of this courageous movement.  Secrecy of course had to be one of its watchwords, or the consequences were dire.  Would love to see detailed maps of the routes slaves traveled and the safe houses all clearly identified.  We have several near where I live...

More about Shakepeare and the mysteries and gaps of what we know about his phenomenal life and one of the greatest literary minds of history.

More about the Art Deco period, and how social forces and circumstances resulted in the striking new lines, colors and silhouettes of Art Deco.      

Respected Contributor

I love learning details about grammar and literature.

Respected Contributor

American History.  From the first voyages crossing the Atlantic thru present day.  The first European settlers, our Native Americans, the slave trade, the great immigrations, the wars - everything.  For a relatively "new" country, there is so much history to know.  I can't imagine trying to learn everything about Russia or England or France - their histories are so lengthy and complicated. 

Health Related issues.  New forms of healing.  Healthy eating.  Detoxing the body.  Theories on the root causes of illness in the body, etc....and how to correct imbalances thru diet and healthy lifestyle.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

American history, air plane disasters (why they cash), forensics, how things are made and The Bible.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

Clouds, formation and different types.

Honored Contributor

The Constitution.  The Founders' debates. their vision for the country when they were designing it.  

How our culture has changed over the years, what caused those changes.  

World War II.