Honored Contributor

Are there any fans of Iris Apfel here?

I find her so interesting. Her sense of style suits her, but I could never get away with it. I have seen her in a documentary about Bill Cunningham. She always is an original, not someone who gushes, but someone whom you can trust

I want to see the documentary about her, but I think I'll have to wait for netflix

Honored Contributor

Re: Are there any fans of Iris Apfel here?

I think she's fabulous! I bought some jewelry she did for HSN and it's real art. I loved watching  and listening to her talk, she's so real and down to earth for someone in that line of business. I would love to have tea with her and hear all about her life.

Valued Contributor

I saw the movie About her a month ago. It was wonderful. What an interesting woman she is. I'm going to watch it again when Netflix has it.
Valued Contributor

I think she is an original.  I love seeing her on HSN.  I've never bought any of her products; but love her!!

Honored Contributor

I enjoy her.  She beats to her own drummer, that is a good thing.  I like to imagine her posing for Salvadoe Dali.  Can you imagine the fun ?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
I love her essence! Have seen her multiple times on HSN and have bought some of her jewelry and a couple of her Mongolian fur bags. Love them almost as much as I love her!
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Yes I've been following Iris Apfel for several years. Of course, I became interested when I saw her glasses. They made her look so interesting, and she certainly did stand out wearing them. 

There's always been a lot written about her in the New York magazines and fashion pages.

I look forward to seeing her film. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett