Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are there any African American and/or Hispanic Heritage New Hosts?

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@Annabellethecat66

These are the new hosts.  They'll be on air in late June.

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people standing, shoes and indoor

@lolakimono

Thanks for posting them.  I don't understand why some posters think they all look alike.   Well, at least they don't to me.

They don't all look alike to me, but they do seem to have a certain look about them that makes me think QVC has certain look they're going for.  It's almost like they already have clones of these people already on the air.

Just based on this photo without seeing/hearing any of them on air...

On the left, looks like we have a cross between Sandra and Jane T.

Next to her is someone who looks like they've morphed Amy and Courtney.

In the middle strikes me to be another version of Antonella.

In the red I see another Mary or Carolyn.

On the right reminds me of Kerstin L. and Jennifer C.

Again, I haven't seen or heard them on the air, but at a glance it does seem like I've seen similar looks before on QVC.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@feline groovy Just had Bill the cat to the Vets...bladder infection...now on special diet.  That cat is my everything...Thanks for asking...I'm doing well but tiny boo boo won't heal.  Talking about sending me to a 'wound Dr'...ever heard of one of those?  Hummm???

Anyway, I wasn't trying to cause problems or stir things up.  I've mentioned this before.  I think I notice things because I usually have QVC on in one room or another to hear talking...

The thing about this country that makes it soooo wonderful is when we walk up to someone we don't know anything about them.  People are from everywhere.  They speak many languages and because someone looks Asian doesn't mean anything here....I'm not doing a very good job of explaining it (and being politically correct).

But if you REALLY knew me (which a few people here do) you'd know I am just asking a question since they are hiring so many new people at once, why not at least look for some new Vendors (we'd like to see other Vendors, right?)

I have no ulterior motive here.

I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt until you referenced your post as not being politically correct. A common retort when someone knows all to well what they are implying...

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 Did you see where some people said your account had been hacked and this wasn't really you posting?

More than likely held an emergency meeting about it @proudlyfromNJWoman Wink

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I think the question the OP poses for the thread title is completely inappropriate.  Just as it would be to ask if any of the new hosts are Jewish or Muslim or Catholic or whatever.  Not relevant to hosting abilities.  I lived through the Civil Rights movement which strived toward color blindness in evaluating people, esp. regarding abilities.   Again, I think the question is  inappropriate, and I'm Caucasian.

Honored Contributor

People of all races and creeds who apply for these host jobs should be well qualified and know how to speak and sell things, diversity aside. That being said, any one who doesn't think it's an issue is delusional.

Respected Contributor

I could not care LESS about diversity in hosts.  I like where the best person for the job is hired. 

I don't believe employers should EVER have to pay for LESS than the best person for the job. 

I don't even give it a thought while watching QVC!  A person doesn't have to look like me to make a competent presentation of a product.

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

QVC is a store, please understand that the hosts will reflect what the customer base is orthe majority of the customer base.  It is the same as if you go into certain local high priced stores, the workers will "match" the customers. 

SO why ask a question, you already KNOW the answer.  Either you shop for your products, you want and like and if this matter is important to YOU, then do not purchase from the Q.

I suspect this posting will get poofed so I advice all consumers, spend your money where you feel it is best  Please understand that even the "plus" size hosts will more than likely NOT be replaced when they leave the Q so once again, if this is an important issue for you don't shop on the Q.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

All kinds of people shop at any internet or TV retailer. It probably is best to have all kinds of people representing the company.  That doesn't mean holding people to a different standard.  It means giving equal treatment to all candidates who meet the standard and have the same promise. 

And companies do look weird if they think everyone should talk and look the same. My impression, just an impression but over many years, is that most people who criticize hosts on QVC have a single type of host they prefer and punish those who don't meet that template. QVC has to consider a host's sales record, not negative feedback from individual shoppers.  Half the people who are hard on the hosts are always saying they never shop at QVC anyway.

Those who hire hosts have to consider everyone who shops at the Q.  And it's best for the network if diversity (which is the foundation of the US, which had something like 43 languages circulating in the 1770s) is reflected.  Shoppers don't shop at places that "disappear" them.  Why should they?  It's their hard earned money.

On men hosts, I don't know.  Mostly women shop at QVC. Except for Alberti, I don't esp. like the men who present, but that is because I like jewelry.  That's what Alberti does, and does very well. 

Most of the other male hosts are very likeable but I seldom see them b/c they present types of products that I not only don't buy on QVC--I don't buy them at all.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My relating to a host is not based upon ethnicity. What I relate to is a host who is professional, has a calm demeanor, does not shriek or cackle, doesn't tell their life story, presents the relevant facts about a product, and who does not have a hard sell. If they don't have these attributes, I ain't listening no matter what color they are. Off the top of my head, I can't think of one host who possesses all these qualities.

Honored Contributor

@lavenderfields wrote:

What matters to me is if someone is a good host, not their ethnicity.

Amen. I'm not a big fan of quotas of any kind. I believe in the best man or woman for the job. That said, and not in support of diversity for the sake of diversity, but I would personally hope at least one of the new hosts is an attractive male. 

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...