Honored Contributor

Re: Are people drinking bleach? Are they eating toilet paper?

In the current state of affairs, it's not going to be possible to find what you are accustomed to buying. This is a time to accept alternatives or substitutions for what you need and use. It's not a comfortable thing to do, especially when you have to shell your money for things you've never tried before. That is the new reality and I find it it somewhat adventurous to shop online and see what is out there...something new maybe just what you might need and never knew it. You just might get to try something which could change your life.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Shopping for 2wks worth of food would be nice if people weren't going insane at the grocery stores! LOL

The meat department is usually bare around here...IF some comes in then it is gone in seconds...like locusts descended on the place and wiped it clean.

Same with TP....good friend of mine called me today freaking out about TP!  She can't believe people are hoarding it.  Her husband is older then her and would qualify as a senior so she is hoping when he goes early on the senior days he might get some TP.  He thought he had 2 days ago but what he purchased was paper towels! LOL  

THe TP madness seems to be continuing......I sure hope the stores are not allowing anyone to purchase more then a 12pack or 2 6packs at a time.

Honored Contributor

One of my friends was stalking a Dollar General store waiting for the truck to arrive and she got TP when it got there!

Honored Contributor

Anyone know what's up with eggs?  Are they all being used to create vaccines?  I haven't seen eggs in our stores for maybe 10-12 days and I'm almost out.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Some stores have put limits on how much you can buy. I think Walmart is one of them.

See if you can use Instacart dot com to have your stuff delivered. I got mine delivered same day.

Yes. I'm seeing signs up now limiting the purchase of more than 2 breads, milks, 1 toilet paper etc.

Honored Contributor

I have no hand sanitizer and none to be found anywhere. 😕
Esteemed Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

Are people really hoarding groceries, or do they just need to buy more because the whole family is home, kids are out of school, restaurants are closed, and it takes a lot of food to keep  a housebound group fed and happy?

Not many people have the  budget or the storage space to hoard food, anyway.

The recommendations I've heard  from health and government officials are to buy enough food for two weeks, so as to minimize  shopping trips and potential exposure to the virus outside the home.

The last time I was at Walmart, an employee had a rolling cart full of 12-pack cans of Chef Boyardee that were shrinkwrapped together.  A woman in front of me told him to just stop putting it on the shelf and put it in her cart.  She had hundreds of cans of this stuff.  She was shopping alone, so I wondered how many people were at home to help her eat it.  She went through self checkout near me, so nobody stopped her from buying too many.  

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Anyone know what's up with eggs?  Are they all being used to create vaccines?  I haven't seen eggs in our stores for maybe 10-12 days and I'm almost out.

I've been wondering the same thing.  My husband was able to get some when he went out last time, but most stores are out.  

Honored Contributor

Sadly I think people are hoarding a lot of items -- cold medicine, toilet paper, swiffer products, tissues, paper towels, bread,  disinfecting wipes, rubbing alcohol, Clorox based products and hand sanitizers.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@novamc1 wrote:

Are people really hoarding groceries, or do they just need to buy more because the whole family is home, kids are out of school, restaurants are closed, and it takes a lot of food to keep  a housebound group fed and happy?

Not many people have the  budget or the storage space to hoard food, anyway.

The recommendations I've heard  from health and government officials are to buy enough food for two weeks, so as to minimize  shopping trips and potential exposure to the virus outside the home.

The last time I was at Walmart, an employee had a rolling cart full of 12-pack cans of Chef Boyardee that were shrinkwrapped together.  A woman in front of me told him to just stop putting it on the shelf and put it in her cart.  She had hundreds of cans of this stuff.  She was shopping alone, so I wondered how many people were at home to help her eat it.  She went through self checkout near me, so nobody stopped her from buying too many.  

I can't imagine that LOL!  Did she just take the dolly cart from him and wheel it to the check out lane!!!!Woman LOL  HOw are people affording this?  Seriously??  The bill has to be outrageous....she must be selling it online...a new business for Chef Boyardee....$20 a can!