Esteemed Contributor

Are children ever going back to school ?

Does anyone  think that children will be back in scholl  any time this year ?

Valued Contributor

Re: Are children ever going back to school ?

My  daughter currently goes to school 4 days a week and 1 day virtual learning, I think it all depends on the school district.

Respected Contributor

Some of the counties in my state have been back for months, already! Some are alternating days, I know of one county that goes Monday thru Thursday, off on Friday.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have kids so I don't know who is or who isn't back in school in our area but I wish the would make a decision. Do what Regan did to the air traffic controllers back in the day. Fire them all and make them reapply for their job because this is getting out of control. I am frankly tired of all these teachers and their whining. If I didn't show up to my job for a year my employer would fire my butt.

Respected Contributor

Kids in my state have been back in school since September.

Frequent Contributor

Our children have been in school since August and have been playing all sports including football, volleyball, basketball, and wrestling.  I am proud of the way all students an school personnel have been wearing masks, practicing social distancing as much as possible and taking care of each other.  It can be done.

Respected Contributor

In our state some are back some are hybrid and some are all remote.  The govenor is trying to get the majority back.  Teachers are being vaccinated this week and next so that all schools can open in the next month or so.

Honored Contributor

Ours have been alternating with remote and in actual classrooms. Schools are scheduled to reopen full time in March. Catholic school here never closed. Teachers here want to go back. I guess in some areas they don't if the poster here wants them fired.

Honored Contributor

Ours have all been open and full time since August.  All remote students were returned before the first grading period due to poor grades.  Last week my granddaughters elementary school was closed due to not enough substitutes to cover for the teachers in quarantine.  The rest of the school district was fine and continued on.   There were no cases among the students but for some reason a great many teachers needed to be isolated.  But all is back up and running at the elementary this week.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Public schools have been closed since September in our state.  Everyone is online learning.  All universities have been closed too.  Our university will be closed till the end of Spring Semester in May.  I don't know about summer session.  All employees are working form home. Everyone in my family is working from home.  My husband, My sisters, my brother (Federal employee) my sisters in law, etc. Most of my family are government employees state or Federal.  My one sister in law is a private lawyer mentor.  She coaches Lawyers.  She works from home too.  I'm used to it now, but it was very disconcerting in the beginning.  Doubt public schools will open in the fall.  Not enough teachers  and children 14 up have been vaccinated.  Vaccine programs have been poorly run. 20 million of U.S. population has been vaccinated with the first dose. 3 million with the second.  Long way to go.   Population is 328.2 million.