Honored Contributor

Re: Are any California posters near either of the two big fires?

@hennypenny wrote:

Please stay safe, you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Thank you, Henny!  I know you had some fire activity in your area not long ago.  My daughter lives in that area.

She's coming here tomorrow, and I assured her all was well.  Hope that will still be the case once she arrives.

Honored Contributor

@september

I cannot believe this fire has reached its 14th day!  They said it has reached 50,000 acres, and it is 27% contained!!!  We are still getting smoke here. And we are about 50 miles away.  Think garlic, lol,  it is just too sad.  But as you mentioned, thank God the Sand Fire is out, so we have more resources.  However, I don't know if you remember the Santa Cruz fire and the Mt Madonna fire several years ago.  But because of the deep ravines and isolated area it is hard to get in and sometimes impossible to get firefighters on the ground to fight it.

I am praying this week will be the turning point, and this devastating fire will be OUT!

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty  I do remember that fire in Santa Cruz county.  Like this present one....very challenging to fight.

Going into week 3 of the fire, so many summer events have been cancelled.  However, organizers of Car Week, which begins August 15, say they plan to go on with the event.

The fire will still be burning, and I can't imagine all the extra traffic combined with all the many fire vehicles on the road.