Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are Your Views Influenced by Poll Numbers?

I'm influenced by what they say, who endorses them and their party's past performance. Polls not at all.
Honored Contributor

No.  I can think for myself.

Polls are not credible in a lot of instances.  Not all people give their true opinions to polsters which affects the outcome of polls in general.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Not at all.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I'm capable of resarching and listening to issues/candidates and making up my own mind.  I've always found it funny when they announce that such and such a paper or industry is supporting a particular candidate.  I have often wondered why or how that was supposed to affect my decision.  Everyone (papers, industries, lobbyists, etc) all have their own agenda and I've always figured I vote for the person/initiative that more closely aligns with my stance on the issues.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm not swayed by polling at all. In the past I have  answered the phone and the person on the other end was taking a "survey" and would I please respond. By the second question I was always able to tell the bias of the survey. There were a few survey takers who were not impartial at all which I felt was unprofessional. They must have been volunteers. Some did not like my answers at all and it was very apparent to me. The same question phrased in different ways would be asked depending on the answer the first time. 

I've also been sent questionaire's in the mail and the questions are extremely biased from the get go. I never respond. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Polls are stupid...

Look up "Margin of Error"

Mathematically, political polls ... it is a joke.

My "take" on political polls... who did they ask?  five people sitting nearby in their offices? 

or 5 "man on the street" people?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Absolutely not and yet it is so amazing to me, how many people swear by the Polls. Scary.

Honored Contributor

Nope, polls don't sway me one way or the other.  I make my own mind/decision.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

I do read, research.  Otherwise I would be very gullible.  I am cautious, calculating when I make decisions because I have a "free spirit personality" and it is anyones guess what I will come up with.  Knowing that I check and recheck everything.  

Honored Contributor

Anyone who has a college education has probably taken some statistics classes and would know how easily poll numbers can be manipulated to say whatever you want them to say. If you want a certain party to look like they will win you simply poll a demographic that is heavily toward that party. It is done so easily.