Esteemed Contributor

Are Your Kids More You Or Their Dad?

My son looks and sounds exactly like his Dad. He is laid back like DH was too.

My daughter is a good combination facially of both of us but she and I have the same quick, scarcastic, irreverent sense of humor (at home, we behave in public).

When DH was here DD and I would come out with the exact smart comment at the same time.  DH would just laugh and shake his head.  If I had $1 for every time he said "omg Jane, she is just like you." I'd have a pile of dough.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are Your Kids More You Or Their Dad?

[ Edited ]

I have two daughters and they look like a blend between me and their father.  In terms of personality, my older daughter is more like me.  She has always been quiet, reserved, studious, career oriented.   My younger daughter is gregarious, fun, sociable.  She's comfortable in any social situation.

Esteemed Contributor

I would say I have one of each.   Funny, DS looks exactly like his dad but totally has my personality and traits.  DD looks more like me but totally has her dads personality and sense of humor!    This is an interesting question and a fun thread.  I look forward to reading more of the responses.

Honored Contributor

They are all a combination of both of us.

Super Contributor

DH and I look so much alike that people thought we were siblings.  No surprise when I gave birth to identical twins (actually mirror twins) it was no surprise that people think that they look like hubby when seen with him and they look like me when seen with me.

At one time we went to the same Dr and when I was there one day she looked at me and started laughing and said, you're kids look so much like you!  Apparently one son had been there earlier that morning.

They're now 40 and one son has two boys of his own.  First born looks exactly like him, the second son is the spittin image of his mom.

Esteemed Contributor

My daughters strongly favor me, while ALL of their not so favorable attributes are courtesy of their father.😂😂

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Teacher daughter is 100% mini me.  She is a dedicated educator, numerous certifications and degrees, and still going for more.  

Trucker daughter is a true mix of not only my husband and I, but both sides of our families!  More than 2 million miles driven across the US transporting food.  She's all "have truck will travel!"