Honored Contributor

Re: Are You a very polite patient person .....

Patient-Yes

Polite-I try to be, but sometimes....

Valued Contributor

I try very hard to be polite, and when I want to be ugly I wonder what is weighing heavy on them and try to move on. That being said, I have been down right awful, ugly and every other word you can think of on a few occasions and they have always been directed towards the medical and insurance people. Insurance people can turn me into a bat sh)t crazy woman. I got so worked up after they threatened me with collections, I drove to their office to explain how stupid they must be to not understand when my insurance has told them deductible has been met! I don't owe you a dam dime! Makes my blood boil just recalling the incident.

Valued Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Yes, always.   

Since I retired, I also pick my battles with my husband.   We are complete opposites, and there are times I just don't have enough words to express my level of frustration.   I bite my tongue, shut myself in my TV room, or go to bed early in order to avoid arguing with him.   I don't want to waste minutes of my life that I can't get back, arguing over little things.   

I agree. I know a couple of women who recently lost their husbands and they both said I would give anything to have him back even as mad as he could make me.

Respected Contributor

I am very polite. Now, patient is a completely different story .....

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

I am polite an patient until I am given a reason not to be.  I am not one to hold my tongue so if something is said out of line to me expect a curt response.

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

I am polite & patient until I observe disrespect, racism, animal abuse, child abuse, drug abuse, lying & stealing.  Other than that, I am so mellow, I could ripen & rot, lol.  

Those are exactly the same things that push my buttons!

Respected Contributor

I am always polite with the exception of scam phone callers. Usually I just hang up and block the number but for some reason I have had multiple calls every day for the past 10 days, most with my area code and prefix to mask their evil intent. Yesterday I had had enough. I gave one caller from India an earful, literally. I blew my mom's playground whistle into the phone speaker as loudly as I could. They did not like it. Too bad. Try to rip me off and you pay the consequences.

Honored Contributor

Typically I'm patient and polite unless there is some uncalled for slight, rudeness or in more serious situations, injustice. 

Honored Contributor

Well.....I try.  That's about all I can say!