Honored Contributor

Re: Are You a Patient Person?

N O!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Yes, extremely so.  I have a lot of patience in dealing with difficult people and situations.  It has served me well through the years.  I find that I have gotten even more patient as I have gotten older.  

I guess maybe part of this comes from years of experience in dealing with things and people and realizing that it does no good to lose your cool, blow up, say things you shouldn't, etc.  

More and more I find that I usually just calmly wait for things.  I give a reasonable amount of time for events to unfold and people to reveal themselves. After that, I don't usually get mad --- I just walk away.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Respected Contributor

NO!!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Perhaps my procrastination is mistaken for patience.

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

I am a very patient person, but that was not always the case. When I was younger, I was sometimes a powder keg just waiting to go off, and grew impatient easily. I think about it now and chuckle to myself, because it takes A LOT to try my patience these days. Maturity is a beautiful thing!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

You really do sparkle wherever you go.

Honored Contributor

Hahahaha no. With maturity I've learned to behave and speak patiently, but inside I often feel like I'm waiting a million years on everyone.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Yes, extremely so.  I have a lot of patience in dealing with difficult people and situations.  It has served me well through the years.  I find that I have gotten even more patient as I have gotten older.  

I guess maybe part of this comes from years of experience in dealing with things and people and realizing that it does no good to lose your cool, blow up, say things you shouldn't, etc.  

More and more I find that I usually just calmly wait for things.  I give a reasonable amount of time for events to unfold and people to reveal themselves. After that, I don't usually get mad --- I just walk away.  

Excellent response. Some of the posts on this thread are ridiculous. Bragging about being impatient.........  There are a number of things that are annoying but huffing and puffing won't change anything. In fact, blowing up or mentally steaming in a situation makes it worse for yourself.

Honored Contributor

I try my best to avoid situations where patience is required.

There's the answer to your question

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Excellent response. Some of the posts on this thread are ridiculous. Bragging about being impatient.........  There are a number of things that are annoying but huffing and puffing won't change anything. In fact, blowing up or mentally steaming in a situation makes it worse for yourself.

Maybe be more patient with us impatient folks? Woman Wink

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr