Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are You a Patient Person?

When I was younger I had a ton of patience.  Now, no, I have none.  I don't care about waiting for packages. 

I can't abide rude people, self-important people, inconsiderate people, abusive people etc. I stay out of grocery stores because of the reasons noted by others here.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I am normally a patient person but today I had to hang up on a Comcast person.  I have no patience for someone that is beating around the bush instead of getting to the point after I asked a question.  I am patient in the grocery store line, patient waiting for the UPS guy (he showed up close to 7 pm but he is the best); patient at the post office in line.  

@Katcat1 

Oh my!  It doesn't matter how much patience a customer has, they'll lose it with Comcast. 

I have to rest up a week before calling because I know I will need every ounce of energy for the battle.  Then when you think it's solved, they screw it up and you have to call again to straighten it out.  One time it took eight months for them to correct a billing error that they kept telling me was my fault.  Nope.  It was theirs.  It's always their errors.  

Voted the worst company in U.S. for customer service.  I'd add competence, too.     

Respected Contributor

This depends on situations. Mostly patient and as I got older I accept things better. I tend to just move on better.
If something bothers me, I tend to get over it quickly.
Regular Contributor

As I have grown older and matured I am more patient, not to be confused with being a pushover who is taken advantage of.   I now understand that the world will keep turning and as long as nobody died or got hurt all is well.  

Valued Contributor

Nope. If I'm listing off my flaws, impatience is at the top of my list. 

Whenever I hire new team members in my department we have a get to know each other session. I describe myself the same way every time....I'm quick to laugh, quick to cry, quick to anger, and quick to get over it. I never carry a grudge, and I've never been accused of having too much patience. 

The good news? I'm very self aware Smiley Wink

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

I have always been a patient person but after menopause there are certain things that really bother me.  Things like anyone blocking the aisle in stores,  people using their phones in stores, restaurants, in line (even when being checked out), bratty kids whose parents make no attempt to control them, having to go through options before getting to a live person on phone calls,  when I have trouble doing some things.  Mostly,though, I am patient. 

Respected Contributor

Not even 1 bit.

Honored Contributor

W-e-l-l...........DH is a S--L--O--W driver, who is never EVER uncomfortable being  LATE  for ANYTHING. He puts the brakes on miles before traffic lights, then c-r-u-i-s-e-s up to the GREEN light waiting for it to change to amber so he can S-L-O-W down to a STOP and admire the scenery.

On the other hand (let's face it, there's ALWAYS "another hand!") I ALWAYS need to be early/on time, especially if I'm performing, to prepare to play or sing, or pray before Mass or present my insurance card or....or........or.................OR...

I'm infinitely patient with small children, dementia patients, weather related delays, lines in banks, post offices, not so much with stuffy old people who think that JUST because they're OLD they have to be RIGHT/have to be treated with deference.

Fairly average on the tolerance/patience scale I guess....

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

W-e-l-l...........DH is a S--L--O--W driver, who is never EVER uncomfortable being  LATE  for ANYTHING. He puts the brakes on miles before traffic lights, then c-r-u-i-s-e-s up to the GREEN light waiting for it to change to amber so he can S-L-O-W down to a STOP and admire the scenery.

On the other hand (let's face it, there's ALWAYS "another hand!") I ALWAYS need to be early/on time, especially if I'm performing, to prepare to play or sing, or pray before Mass or present my insurance card or....or........or.................OR...

I'm infinitely patient with small children, dementia patients, weather related delays, lines in banks, post offices, not so much with stuffy old people who think that JUST because they're OLD they have to be RIGHT/have to be treated with deference.

Fairly average on the tolerance/patience scale I guess....

@violann you made me laff out loud - thank you for starting out my day bighter  -

the way you described it was magic

Honored Contributor

we are ALL patient cuz sometimes this site is S L O W and we are all here still posting