Trusted Contributor

Re: Are You a Patient Person?

Unfortunately, not at all.

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Silver Lining wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Yes, extremely so.  I have a lot of patience in dealing with difficult people and situations.  It has served me well through the years.  I find that I have gotten even more patient as I have gotten older.  

I guess maybe part of this comes from years of experience in dealing with things and people and realizing that it does no good to lose your cool, blow up, say things you shouldn't, etc.  

More and more I find that I usually just calmly wait for things.  I give a reasonable amount of time for events to unfold and people to reveal themselves. After that, I don't usually get mad --- I just walk away.  

Excellent response. Some of the posts on this thread are ridiculous. Bragging about being impatient.........  There are a number of things that are annoying but huffing and puffing won't change anything. In fact, blowing up or mentally steaming in a situation makes it worse for yourself.

Maybe be more patient with us impatient folks? Woman Wink

Nah, I've "hearted" your posts in the past but not this time. Don't get upset with the following explanation. There's a mindset that is called "circular thinking." It means attempting to support a statement or attitude by simply repeating it.   :-)

Honored Contributor

No not anymore---get tired of incompetence and meaness and downright stupidity---so prevelant now days

Respected Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Silver Lining wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Yes, extremely so.  I have a lot of patience in dealing with difficult people and situations.  It has served me well through the years.  I find that I have gotten even more patient as I have gotten older.  

I guess maybe part of this comes from years of experience in dealing with things and people and realizing that it does no good to lose your cool, blow up, say things you shouldn't, etc.  

More and more I find that I usually just calmly wait for things.  I give a reasonable amount of time for events to unfold and people to reveal themselves. After that, I don't usually get mad --- I just walk away.  

Excellent response. Some of the posts on this thread are ridiculous. Bragging about being impatient.........  There are a number of things that are annoying but huffing and puffing won't change anything. In fact, blowing up or mentally steaming in a situation makes it worse for yourself.

Maybe be more patient with us impatient folks? Woman Wink

Nah, I've "hearted" your posts in the past but not this time. Don't get upset with the following explanation. There's a mindset that is called "circular thinking." It means attempting to support a statement or attitude by simply repeating it.   :-)

Thank you for the heart, @Porcelain. You're a good sport. 

Honored Contributor

More so now that i am older,but most of my life i would have to say no i was not.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I am a proactive patient person.

E.g., if the cashiers in any store have lines waiting, while in line myself I will call the manager on my cellphone to let him or her know how bad the situation is.  Usual response is an additional cashier or two is sent to help.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I don't think I'm particularly patient.

Esteemed Contributor

BBF and I have discussed this and decided we have now have endless patience with little glitches in life.

But we have NO patience for cruel or mean people.  None.

Esteemed Contributor

Depends on the situation.  I used to be more tolerant, but, now, well I just don't deal with fools very well.  No time for stupidity.

Medical offices I can sometimes understand.  If a patient has a real issue, I expect the doctor to handle it.  That said, a staff member should explain to the people waiting that the doctor has been delayed.  Oh, and don't cut my aplt time to 3 minutes in an attemlt to catch up.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm less so now that I'm older, you would think that since I'm retired I would be cool with waiting, and you would be wrong.  When I was younger I had so much patience, I don't know what happened, I really have to work at it. 

I think most people are like you.  People tend to get less patient as they age.  Some people seem to think there's something good or noble about being patient but in many instances "patience" is really just a lack of assertivness.  Not wanting to make a fuss.  Of course, it all depends on the circumstances.