Honored Contributor

Re: Are You Unhappy With Your Dyson?

I had one for years and it worked well. I had the original. However it was heavy.

Honored Contributor

I am not unhappy with mine and, in fact, have four of them. I have the original DC07 (still going strong), two DC25s, and one DC41. The DC41 is the newest one and my favorite. It does a great job in my house. Between me and the golden retriever boy, there's some serious hair in this house!

I let the cleaning lady use the old DC07 (about 12-13 years old) because she's hard on things and if she kills that one she's going to have to bring her own. Once she did tear the hose but the Dyson people were so awesome that they sent me a new one free of charge, and that was just last year when it was some 12 years old! Speaking of which, Dyson is one of the companies with THE best customer service of all time. I've had numerous dealings with them and am more amazed every time I talk to somebody there at not only how knowledgeable they are but how truly caring and helpful they are. For me, a good company like that is worth its weight and I will continue to support exemplary companies until such time that they burn me. Then I'm done. But I'm like that. Smiley Wink

But, hey, everybody likes different stuff so I hope you find the one that is just right for you. A lot of people are jumping on the 'Shark' bandwagon of late. My only complaint with the company that makes this line of products is that their track record has always leaned heavily toward products that don't last. So, sure, you pay less but you will have earlier failure.

I've always heard very good things about the Miele brand.

I've tried all the main ones - Hoover, Eureka, and even Electrolux and - oh darn, I can't remember the brand name right now - the other heavy one along the lines of Electrolux. Anyway, none of them were worth it at all.

Frequent Contributor

Well, the one thing I remember about my Dyson animal was the poor suction. And to me that is everything. If it doesn't clean, what's the point? I agree the customer service is awesome but whenever I told them the suction was bad all they said was all vaccuums lose suction :-) Well, that's their main saling point. A vaccuum that never loses suction :-) So when I got the Shark it almost knocked me over with the powerful suction.