Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are You Tired of Hearing "Friendsgiving?"

@manny2 wrote:

I agree with you @PA Mom-mom I can't take these invented terms. Friendsgiving, man cave along with all the other ones. There is no individuality anymore people just follow the trend.

Oh, please.

Every generation has invented words/slang.

It's hardly anything that the current youngers has invented.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@QVCkitty1  

Say that again.😂😂😂. I thought I was the only one.JK😂 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles , I'm pretty sure we are not alone on this island. It is just so obnoxious.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

It's popular among the 30 somethings I work with. Basically it's a get together for them with no traditional foods....well, because they don't know how to cook. 😉

I'm more tired of inspo and convo myself.

@Snowpuppy  Is it really just a get together? So, I guess it's a group of people who have no way of knowing what a Thanksgiving tradition is. That is sad. I'm sorry I brought it up.

Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819   Agree that every generation has invented their own words.  However, I have never heard a new word for Thanksgiving or Christmas until .... well today...

Honored Contributor

If it’s the concept that matters, then what you call it does not matter as long as it’s not an offensive term. There’s nothing offensive about “Friendsgiving.” I think it’s a cute term, in fact.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

I agree with you @PA Mom-mom I can't take these invented terms. Friendsgiving, man cave along with all the other ones. There is no individuality anymore people just follow the trend.

Oh, please.

Every generation has invented words/slang.

It's hardly anything that the current youngers has invented.

@Anonymous032819  You are right. There are plenty of terms we say these days that our parents or grandparents never heard of. We evolve! Every generation! Does anyone want to remain stagnant? If so we would still be getting around by horse and buggy.

Honored Contributor

There is also the term Thanksliving used by many animal sanctuaries to promote not eating meat (turkey, ham, etc) on Thanksgiving. “Friends don’t eat friends.”
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
If it’s the concept that matters, then what you call it does not matter as long as it’s not an offensive term. There’s nothing offensive about “Friendsgiving.” I think it’s a cute term, in fact.

@bikerbabe   Right. Some people have no family or live far away. If that’s the case, what’s wrong with sharing with your friends instead? Hence.. Friendsgiving. How does the name make the sentiment any different?

Trusted Contributor

I had never heard the term until this season.  I actually bought Hallmark cards with "Happy Friendsgiving" on the front.  Not all of us still have family to gather with.  The term doesn't bother me at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 and @Sandy Sparkles Thanks so much for your thoughtful posts!!