Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are You Responsible for Everyone's Happiness?

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Deanie wrote:

@AngelPuppy1  Well said.  I would like to add to that.  I bellieve this may be a cultural or generational thing.  Not sure, however, I sahare your sentiments. 

I have a neice who married an older man.  Broke up his matrriage at the time. They have no children.  She has a powerhouse of a position.  She just divorced him say 20 years later,  What she said, this will floor some, " I am not going to take care of any old sick man."

That has nothing to do with culture or generations- that has to do with being selfish and narcissistic. 

@HappyDaze

I knew someone like that for over 70 years.  We went to school together and were "best friends" even when we lived far from each other at times.

She married a man who owned his own company worth several million.  He was sick with breast cancer but recovered.  They lived together for twelve years, then she divorced him and received a million dollar settlement.  He died six months later which was just a "shrug" to her.  She had accomplished her goal and she was very HAPPY!!  Still is I suppose, we haven't talked in several years.

I could never be "friends" with someone like that @LilacTree. I have no tolerance for gold diggers. 

@HappyDaze

You know, HappyDaze, I always knew she had faults, but our long history kept me in.  I knew when she married this man, late in life, and he was morbidly obese and unattractive, and had already been sick, WHY she married him.  We all did.  I even let her live in my house through the divorce . . . and believe it or not, that's when I truly started to be disgusted by her and how far she would go to get what she wanted.  She wanted me to lie for her, but I didn't "pass the test" when the lawyer interviewed me.  He laughed and told me I wasn't believable.  So she flew another friend in (from California) to tell the lies she needed to tell.  She broke that family apart completely because, believe it or not, her son was married to his daughter, and his family does not have anything to do with this girl because she stuck by her husband.  What a choice to have to make!!

Her mother always used to tell me "you don't know the real Joan."  I never felt the same about her again and she finally did something so outrageous and I called her on it, and three weeks later, she "broke up with me" via email and told me never to contact her again . . . which I have not.

I wish my beloved sister, who always said to me "I don't know what you see in her," was alive to see I finally saw the light.

@LilacTree If you knew why she married him and "we all did," maybe he knew too and didn't care.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Deanie wrote:

@AngelPuppy1  Well said.  I would like to add to that.  I bellieve this may be a cultural or generational thing.  Not sure, however, I sahare your sentiments. 

I have a neice who married an older man.  Broke up his matrriage at the time. They have no children.  She has a powerhouse of a position.  She just divorced him say 20 years later,  What she said, this will floor some, " I am not going to take care of any old sick man."

That has nothing to do with culture or generations- that has to do with being selfish and narcissistic. 

@HappyDaze

I knew someone like that for over 70 years.  We went to school together and were "best friends" even when we lived far from each other at times.

She married a man who owned his own company worth several million.  He was sick with breast cancer but recovered.  They lived together for twelve years, then she divorced him and received a million dollar settlement.  He died six months later which was just a "shrug" to her.  She had accomplished her goal and she was very HAPPY!!  Still is I suppose, we haven't talked in several years.

I could never be "friends" with someone like that @LilacTree. I have no tolerance for gold diggers. 

@HappyDaze

You know, HappyDaze, I always knew she had faults, but our long history kept me in.  I knew when she married this man, late in life, and he was morbidly obese and unattractive, and had already been sick, WHY she married him.  We all did.  I even let her live in my house through the divorce . . . and believe it or not, that's when I truly started to be disgusted by her and how far she would go to get what she wanted.  She wanted me to lie for her, but I didn't "pass the test" when the lawyer interviewed me.  He laughed and told me I wasn't believable.  So she flew another friend in (from California) to tell the lies she needed to tell.  She broke that family apart completely because, believe it or not, her son was married to his daughter, and his family does not have anything to do with this girl because she stuck by her husband.  What a choice to have to make!!

Her mother always used to tell me "you don't know the real Joan."  I never felt the same about her again and she finally did something so outrageous and I called her on it, and three weeks later, she "broke up with me" via email and told me never to contact her again . . . which I have not.

I wish my beloved sister, who always said to me "I don't know what you see in her," was alive to see I finally saw the light.

@LilacTree If you knew why she married him and "we all did," maybe he knew too and didn't care.

@esmerelda

I think he did too, but wanted an attractive wife on his arm. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Deanie wrote:

@HappyDaze

@HappyDaze

@esmerelda

I think he did too, but wanted an attractive wife on his arm. 

And then we must remember:  You get what you pay for!  Woman Frustrated

Or perhaps:  You pay for what you get!  ??????

Honored Contributor

Am I responsible for everyone's happiness?

In a word - No :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise