Honored Contributor

Re: Are You Keeping Q Purchases Now That You Wouldn't Have Before They Stopped Refunding the S&H

@chiclet wrote:

I think the return policy is not fair.  If you bought a Keurig coffe pot and returned it because you just did not like it then I can understand not paying for return postage.  I think everyone knows what an item like that looks like(unless it is defective).  However, clothing is usually returned because the sizing is wrong or the quality is not there so they should pay for clothing returns.  You can usually go to the store and look at coffe pots, computers, even cosmetics and try them and look at them to determine if it would be something you want to order on line.  Clothing however is different.  I bought a blouse in Denim and Co in the size I always wear and it is way too big.  Not my fault the sizing is off.  My husband bought a Smoker and I don't like it but it would cost so much to return.  Never again will we buy a heavy item.

Shoekittyy said

I hear you!  Shoes and clothing are a ****** shoot...they are so way off base, even within a designer's line!  I told my shoe story.  I wear a 9 in Clarks, always have. QVC clarks were huge on be!  I went to Nordie and tried the same pair on and they fit.  They were cut different.  Also, QVC Clark's had less leather.  22 dollars to try on shoes is too much.

BTW, my daughter bought some super smoker/BBQ from QVC that cost about 700.  Then it went on sale before she recieved it!! She called and QVC refunded her the difference right then and there.  That I would appreciate

Respected Contributor

Re: Are You Keeping Q Purchases Now That You Wouldn't Have Before They Stopped Refunding the S&H

Doesn't affect me.  If it's not right I return it, but I have always shopped as careful as possible, so I don't return a lot.  I guess I'm somebody who benefits from the reduced shipping.  With that said, I just ordered an "as is" on some boots.  A first for me.  If those are not near perfect I will throw a fit until they pay my return fee.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Let's be honest  ........   purchasing anything online is a bit of a "risk" when you can't touch it,  see it,  feel it etc,  but we all love the convenience factor, to be sure.

@Tinkrbl44  But at least other online retailers give you the same convenience and a COMPLETE refund with no "try me fee".....so those are the ones I prefer to shop with.....  My QVC purchases have dwindled because of this revised policy and now I only purchase from select vendors that I've been happy with and I also read reviews first ...And if something is not to my liking I still return it, I'm not keep something I'm not happy with....and at least there is a bit of satisfaction knowing that QVC has to deal with the returned merchandise....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I do weigh the difference.  I don't buy as much as I used to.  But I opened a few bags today and had to weigh if it made sense to send it back or not.

I used to be a real salesperson for QVC, I'm very disappointed in them for a number of reasons.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I have kept a few things that I otherwise would have returned.  Like others have said, I think a bit longer and harder before ordering anyting.  There is one style of T-shirt that I like, but the sizing has been all over the place and the weight of the knit differs on the same item.  How do I know if I will get one that fits or not?  How hard it is to use the same fabric and use a tape measure?

@Puppy Lips  Measuring tapes do not always help because the online measurements are not always accurate for the garment....For example, a tunic top was listed as 29 inches when it fact the garment actually measured 25......So what's the ole saying, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on ME....I used to return merchandise but now I shop locally for my clothing instead of QVC because of the sizing inconsistencies.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

No.  I'm just buying less.

Honored Contributor

No, I'm just not ordering anything.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Occasional Contributor

No, I still return some items; however, I am shopping with QVC much less often than before this change.  Also, BEWARE of purchasing items on Easy Pay if there is a chance you will return the item.  I just found out that their new policy is to deduct the entire shipping charge from any refund.  That means if an item was on Easy Pay,  you are paying MORE for shipping (not to mention the cost of return shipping) because the shipping charge is included in the Easy Pay amount as well.  

For example, let's say an item cost $ 20.00 plus $ 5.00 shipping plus $ 3.00 tax and was on 4 easy payments. That would be a charge of $ 7.00 per month ($ 1.25 of which is for shipping) over 4 months.  If that item is returned (assume the label was not used in this case) ,the refund is the first installment of $ 7.00 minus the full $ 5.00 shipping charge for a refund of $ 2.00.  Essentially the buyer has now paid $ 6.25 instead of $ 5.00!  I am outraged and have voiced my complaint.  Easy Pay is now and easy rip-off for the Q!

Respected Contributor

I am returning the same amount as before completely understanding their new policy the difference being I'm not ordering as much....no mulitples in different colors even though a top will look better on a person if they get the right color and how do you know if you can't try it on.  If I am reordering and there is the slightest difference in quality I will site the reason for the return as defective.  If they don't agree I will get on the horn and raise holy heck until they do agree, the old adage coming to mind  - - - -  rolls down hill.  

Respected Contributor

I've never had to return much in the past, but now I'm even more careful about my purchases.  There is a blouse that I bought when it was a Lunchtime Special that was longer than I expected, but kept it due to the reasonable price and the cost of having to return it.  My MIL said that she could shorten it for me.