Respected Contributor

Re: Are You Keeping Q Purchases Now That You Wouldn't Have Before They Stopped Refunding the S&H

I don't buy cheap items so if I don't like them the shipping is a moot point.  I used to buy jewelry for occasions from QVC but the quality is not up to my standards any longer so I buy elsewhere.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Are You Keeping Q Purchases Now That You Wouldn't Have Before They Stopped Refunding the S&H

I kept a small stack ring that I wasn't pleased with.  It was on a special for about $20+.  It wasn't worth it to me to return it, considering the return cost.  

However, I've become much more selective about what I even consider buying.  I've only purchased things that I'm absolutely sure about.  I've also bought a few clothing items; but only after scrutinizing the reviews and online measurements. 

I received one damaged item, and QVC paid for the full return.

And, I only ordered one Christmas gift this year.  It was actually a better price than other retailers, and I liked the convenience of the extended holiday return.

I ordered no holiday decor this year at all.  Didn't need any.  But, also, the quality of those kinds of things can be questionable, and I didn't want to take a chance.  

It's not like the extra $3 or $5 is going to break me.  It just crosses the line of what I consider to be reasonable.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Valued Contributor

I don't buy anything that I can't return for free. That's why I shop in B&M stores for clothing, shoes, jewelry, home goods, etc. The only things I buy on line is cat food and cat supplements with FREE shipping.

Occasional Contributor

I'm so disgusted that I'm buying less than half as much. What's worse is that now I'm noticing more and more of the smaller items are costing $5 instead of $3 to ship. I used to have a business and can guarantee you that QVC is making money on every item they ship, probably as much as UPS makes. 

Honored Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

With s&h no longer being refunded (unless it's defective), and then having to pay return shipping it really makes you think about your purchase. 

@RainyDayGal   Definitely!  And I've been canceling more items too after thinking twice and windering whether I really want them.  There have been a few items I've kept that were in the $20-$25 range that I didn't think it paid to lose the $3 shipping charge on but I'm not sure I'll do that in the future.  Maybe I'll just return the item and take that loss. I guess it'll depend on to what degree I don't love it and whether I would get any use at all out of it. 

Honored Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

I don't buy anything that I can't return for free. That's why I shop in B&M stores for clothing, shoes, jewelry, home goods, etc. The only things I buy on line is cat food and cat supplements with FREE shipping.

So, that's a "no"  as the answer to my question of this thread.  

Honored Contributor

i am not a big returner, never have been.......luckily i know which brands and styles work well for me. sometimes if i get something that doesnt fit or is not as expected i will show it to my daughters or my mom to see if they like or need it. if they do i give it to them. if not, it gets returned. anything that arrives damaged i either return for a full refund OR if i want to keep it i ask if i can get a partial credit, which they do sometimes.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I can't imagine keeping a $100 or any amount for that matter purchase just for being unwilling to pay a piddling $3-5 to return it. Crazy.
Honored Contributor

I'm very selective and no I won't keep it. I don't order (sometimes I put in cart then leave it) but nothing I see I can't find in a b and m store. Plus, I've gotten great buys at Kohls, JcP and Macy's.

The coupons, sale etc. are too good to pass up!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lila Belle wrote:
I can't imagine keeping a $100 or any amount for that matter purchase just for being unwilling to pay a piddling $3-5 to return it. Crazy.

Me neither. However, it's the $20-$50 item price-range I had in mind when I started this thread.