Honored Contributor

Re: Are You Keeping Q Purchases Now That You Wouldn't Have Before They Stopped Refunding the S&H

[ Edited ]

While I understand the sentiment of it being undesirable to some to keep things that don't seem practical to return, I have to say that the name-calling from some (e.g. - stupid, etc) is inappropriate.   

I just don't think it's our business to judge unless it is our money that they are spending.  Smiley Happy

As for me, I have done this in the past (at different retailers), a few times, when it didn't seem practical to return something.  No biggie,, as it was my money.  I figured that, on a low priced item, it wasn't worth all the cost in money and time and effort to make a return.   That can make sense sometimes.

I don't buy that much here lately so I haven't had the experience of having to pay the original shipping, PLUS the cost to ship the item back.  Unless it was a pretty low value item I imagine I would go ahead and take a partial loss to get the rest of my money back.  But that would also make me a bit skittish for contemplating future purchases.

(typo)

Respected Contributor

Re: Are You Keeping Q Purchases Now That You Wouldn't Have Before They Stopped Refunding the S&H

I have always rarely returned items to any of the shopping channels where I buy.  It's expensive to use the return labels, but for me, in a city of 50,000 with only one post office, it's not worth it to go there through horrible traffic and wait in line for a half hour just to mail something.  If I use the label, my carrier will pick it up right from my front door (where my mailbox is attached).  I always check garment measurements and watch the jewelry presentations very carefully before I place an order.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I'll only keep if it I were going to lose money by sending it back.  Even if I only get a $5.00 refund on an item that's still money back in my pocket. Why would I turn down $5.00 (most-likely a lot more)?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2blonde wrote:

I have always rarely returned items to any of the shopping channels where I buy.  It's expensive to use the return labels, but for me, in a city of 50,000 with only one post office, it's not worth it to go there through horrible traffic and wait in line for a half hour just to mail something.  If I use the label, my carrier will pick it up right from my front door (where my mailbox is attached).  I always check garment measurements and watch the jewelry presentations very carefully before I place an order.

One of the Halston moto jackets I bought had a sticky zipper.  That is a big deal in my book.  Many garments are being sold like that including from Dennis Basso and yes, they all go back.   When they are defective like that I do not expect to be charged for return postage.  Also, want to add that handbags too are being sold with bad zippers....that doesn't work for me.  

Trusted Contributor

One item I did keep was the Temptations penguin S & P.  The quality was beyond poor, but it wasn't worth the time and expense to return.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

Nope. I bought some Lenox flatware & it was scratched so I returned it. Since it's defective I hope Q credited me back for the original shipping & did not charge me their shipping label fee since I paid to ship it back thru UPS. Too many lost damaged packages this time of year. I guess I need to get online to see the amount I was charged & credited are the same so I can call them if I need to. I'm not paying for the shipping to me on defective product. I only try to order things I know I'm keeping because I'm not throwing away money for shipping stuff. I had not planned on returning the flatware. I really liked it so too bad it was scratched.

Trusted Contributor

Thank You SO MUCH BaileySue. I too take an 11 Wide and have been looking for a place to buy shoes. I get frustrated sometimes buying shoes from Q and having them not fit! I will look at the shoe site you posted. Have a great day and thanks again.
Honored Contributor

No...bought very little. I mainly purchase WEN and a few MU items so I like those items. Never buy clothes at the Q.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

If I didn't spend much on it, I eat the cost and keep it.  Believe me though, I am usually quite picky about my purchases now and try not to get stuck with a dud.  I would love to buy more pants here but I won't take the huge risk that they won't fit and will cost me a fortune to return. 

Respected Contributor

With s&h no longer being refunded (unless it's defective), and then having to pay return shipping it really makes you think about your purchase. 

I was thinking about the recent Calphalon TSV.  The shipping to me was over $17.  If I wanted to return it it would have been $10.95.  That's $28 in shipping charges.  Oh, tax on the outbound shipping so add another $1.50.  That was a huge deciding factor against ordering.