QVC Customer Care

Re: Are You Feeling Depressed

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

Not at all.

What I am is shocked at how wimpy we have become.

Where are the strong, positive Americans that we claim to be?

All of this hoarding is sickening.

@deeva I have been thinking much like you.  Where is the spunk of the generation that planted victory gardens?  

We've lived through Sars, Legionare disease, and a host of others.  

Smile for what is!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

No. I had a wonderful day antiquing & picniced by a river instead of going to a restaurant...had a day off from hospital volunteering & made the best of a sunny brisk day.

@kitcat51 How wonderful!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Right now, I am feeling anxious and irritated. Depression will probably come later. 

I seriously think I will call my nurse practitioner tomorrow and request xanax. I bet they run out. 

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

Right now, I am feeling anxious and irritated. Depression will probably come later. 

I seriously think I will call my nurse practitioner tomorrow and request xanax. I bet they run out. 

@happycat Also, enjoy a piece of chocolate and get those endorphins going!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

It's interesting, as a single person, my life is not changing much.  I do Take out  if i want restaurant food because I don't like eating in restaurants alone. My best friend has a hard time being social  outside of the house these days because both her husband and mother have dementia. One change is I'm not having dinner at their house until this blows over. I haven't gone to a movie theater in five years. 

I go to work as I have to, I'm not salary. I'll keep my distance. I work in administration for a medical group. Our system is owned by a very competent Hospital system and I have complete trust in their ability to us safe. 

Please perhaps limiting what you read or listen to once  or just twice a day. Make a concerted effort to get your mind off  of it for a period if time and also perhaps realize how little it impacts parts of your daily life outside of social time with others for now. I work with people but I don't socialize with people every day. I'm often alone but not lonely. 

Esteemed Contributor

176180BA-E004-4D10-83E8-E2DE39F24993.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I actually have never seen so many families out walking and it's rainy here.  The parks are packed.  Hasn't hit my part of the world yet.

I saw that today, too.  Although not raining where I live.  I walk outside every day, and usually the only other walkers are the dog walkers.  Today, I saw many new people, and none of them had dogs. 

I think with social activities being canceled, and gyms being closed, we're going to see this more often 

Esteemed Contributor

I am not depressed per say but I am more aware and I'm cautious. I am retired so I am hunkering down at home. I am scared for all of us. I have stepped away from checking the news all the time it was making me to anxious.  ❤️🙏

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@godi wrote:

I am not depressed per say but I am more aware and I'm cautious. I am retired so I am hunkering down at home. I am scared for all of us. I have stepped away from checking the news all the time it was making me to anxious.  ❤️🙏

@godi I'm retired once and in retail now.  I don't listen to all of this all day.  The news channels repeat for those that have just tuned in.

For those climbing the walls:

Hug your pet.

Smile

Read a magazine, or read a book

Bake

Plant

Rake (preferably at my house!)

Watch a movie

You've made it through blizzards, you can do this!