Honored Contributor

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but The Coronavirus has got me feeling depressed. So many of the routine things we do, we're not doing anymore. The restaurants near me have limited the number of tables they will serve, you can't find anything in the supermarket, a lot of people aren't going to work, I feel like I am also being cut off from people. I hate to think we have to live like this for an extended length of time.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are You Feeling Depressed

Not yet.

Honored Contributor

Not yet...I realize that this is serious, my state has just taken very big steps to limit contact....dh and I will have to carry lunch to work, restaurants have take out only.  Not sure about private clubs, like the Moose that serves meals.

Honored Contributor

Not depressed, but a little on edge.  The same feeling I have when a snow or ice storm has been predicted (we rarely get them) and isn't here yet. Have I prepared enough?  How bad will it be?  

And I worry about my husband and his declining health. Always waiting for the other shoe to drop with that and hoping we don't have a middle of the night ER run during all this. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Can't say that I'm feeling depressed.  However, I'm certainly having some anxiety issues.  But sometimes, I then go back to feeling more myself.

Honored Contributor

Nope not depressed. More like cabin fever and the need to do something but not sure what, and I was out just yesterday. I may develop some sort of new habit out of this. Hopefully something constructive like potholder weaving. DH keeps making lanyards and I'm not sure what to do with all of them.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Not at all.

What I am is shocked at how wimpy we have become.

Where are the strong, positive Americans that we claim to be?

All of this hoarding is sickening.

Respected Contributor

No. I had a wonderful day antiquing & picniced by a river instead of going to a restaurant...had a day off from hospital volunteering & made the best of a sunny brisk day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nope.  I have other important things that could have depressed me but for the sake of others, I try to stay upbeat.  I try to keep laughter going on in what might be a silent room when I am with my family and friends.  Even during a wake, I want others to be upbeat, so I try to find silly things and happy things to talk about.  I come here to whine about my own woes but they are really minor compared to much of the world.

I am self-quarantined but I have called to get tested and I know that is coming.  I do not fear it.  Whatever it is, only for DH.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

yup

I gave up alcohol for Lent (& did great)

but opened a bottle of pinot noir today 

neighbor has a mask on ... loading up stuff (steel) from this backyard

idk what is going on